06 volvo d12 fuel problem

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Danisuba19, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Webstermike1

Webstermike1 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2011
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Have you replaced your overflow valve?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danisuba19

Danisuba19 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Chicago il
    Im pretty sure it is the bio in the fuel some stations put up to 20 percent of biofuel into to a regular clear diesel low temps make the biofuel clog up the fuel filter very easily since its very dense. As soon as soon as i started using clear straight #2 the problem went away

4. vicmirtransport

vicmirtransport Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2015
    I
    I am having the same exact problem. Except mine has been happening since May. It started while I was sleeping and out of no where, engine shut off. I hand primed it and it ran fine again. Nevertheless, It would shut off if I let it idle for a few hours. (If I'd idle it with the engine revved, using the cruise button, it wouldn't shut off). I've changed the fuel pump, Accesory drive, (after replacing these, the idling problem went away) fuel lines, check valves, filters, hand pump and still have the same issue. I've checked the fuel pressure with a tester and it reads with in spec. However, my truck loses fuel pressure when I shut it off. Has anyone been able to solve this problem? By the way, where can I find #5 diesel?

5. Volvoshari

Volvoshari Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2016
    I'm having the same problem, a code popped up saying fuel delivery pressure, I replaced the fuel head filter and the fuel pump and the water separator of which it was dumping coolant into the fuel system, it has been a week and now my water filter is black and slimey. I'm going to get some biocide and go from there. if that doesn't work I'm going to start replacing the fuel lines. I will let ya'll know.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  6. Volvo8873

Volvo8873 Light Load Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Western Wisconsin
    Black and slimy is fuel bacteria. I fought this problem all summer in my truck. I bought the 80oz power service brand biocide and used a squirt bottle and on a 75 gallon tank I put at least a couple shot fulls to start. Don't expect it to go away right away either, keep treating with every tank full it may take a few months for it to totally clear up. One more thing stock up on filters your going to need them. When I first started treating the tanks I went through a filter on my Davco every couple thousand miles. I used 1 1/2 80oz bottles in total with me shocking the tanks every month now. Hope this helps.

7. DoubleHTrucking

DoubleHTrucking Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Mine does that what do you think is causing it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.