07 D12C random power loss

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Sdatruckinginc, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Sdatruckinginc

Sdatruckinginc Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Been fighting this over a month now no pattern no air in fuel system power comes and goes no smoke or excessive blow by had cylinder eq test and inj test all passed ohm test on inj harness good new fuel lines still same prob. Tcs and abs light on but not constant if king pins worn causing loose steering would this cause a derate on steering sensor out 3 grand so far shops guessing no codes

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I m Not sure ,but I would start with Fuel Pressure Regulator & EGR valve to make sure theyre "Not Sticking" Just what I d probably start at.

Sdatruckinginc Thanks this.
  4. Sdatruckinginc

Jan 18, 2019
    New regulator and egr check no probs even changed reg a second time thought I got a bad one

5. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Just throwing other stuff out there.Dirty MAF sensor screen,long fuel line sucking shut?

Sdatruckinginc Thanks this.
  6. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    Hi, on 2007 truck there is no Vest system(steering sensor, anti roll over protection) from factory except option, that feature was STD on 2008 and later?
    The easy way to know if your truck is equipped with VEST system, after engine fire up can you heard air brake application by the ABS system in the 12 seconds ? If so, you have that option.

Note: on D12C there is no EGR valve or mass air flow sensor with screen.

I recommand you first to pull out the boost sensor from intake manifold and clean it, it's normal you can see a lot of carbon on it (due of exhaust brake operation and valve train overlap).
    Second check closely the operation(stroke) of the air cylinder for the exhaust brake system on the turbo sometimes the air cylinder is sticking and generate a lot of back pressure and affect negatively the boost pressure without code.
    Ben

Sdatruckinginc and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  7. Sdatruckinginc

Jan 18, 2019
    Thanks gonna check boost sensor bout year old but will check that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.