07 Volvo Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by ercan978, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ercan978

ercan978 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Burnsville , MN
    Hello everyone..I got a 07 Volvo 670 with Cummins ISX 13 speed eaton fuller..it got 1.160.000 miles on it..last night I found out there is oil leak where engine meets transmission..when i left it on idle it drips but not so much when I turn off the engine it stops..I put a cardboard underneath and the oil is black..I assume it's not transmission fluid..my question is if it's an oil leak where is it coming from and what causes that?
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Sounds like a rear crankshaft seal. Pull the clutch inspection cover off the bottom of the transmission bell housing and look up inside with a light. If there is oil slung around all over inside the housing, chances are its a blown rear crank seal. If there's no oil in there, check up above, on the back of the head and valve cover for a possible leak.

ercan978 Thanks this.
  4. ercan978

ercan978 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Burnsville , MN
    Thank you for your response
    Any idea how much does it cost ?

5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    If you're going to do the Rear Main Seal, you might as well replace the Clutch since you have to pull the Transmission out anyways, and Volvo's are known for the Transmission Mounts needing to be replaced, so you might as well change those out while the Transmission is out too.

You're probably looking at anywhere from $1.500 to $2100, depending on type and costs of parts and what a Shop charges to R&R.

ercan978 Thanks this.
  6. KHYCO

KHYCO Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Erkan978 where you able to figure out the problem and take care of it?
    I've got the same issue with my volvo truck.
    I have no idea about the cost of fixing it.
    Thanks,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.