08 prostar abs module

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Dwhitson, Oct 23, 2013.

1. dhhobie2

dhhobie2 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2017

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dhhobie2

dhhobie2 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Heavy D , I am having the same problem with my 2011 prostate. I checked the fuses and they are good. Turned on key, get 2 cycles with 6 clicks each. Any suggestions.?

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You need to get your truck scanned to see what fault the abs is logging.

Justrucking2 and dhhobie2 Thank this.
  5. dhhobie2

dhhobie2 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2017
    That's what I figured. Thanks for the reply

6. Dwightctc

Dwightctc Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2017
    GM Heavyd I love reading your answers and thanks for being so helpful to everyone. I recently purchased a 2008 Prostar. It sits and I start it everyday and let it run for a while. But it keeps killing batteries. I've checked everything. Yesterday I went to start it and it was dead (just clicking when I turn the ignition not even tryin to start) so I left it alone I went back a few minutes later to make sure I locked the doors, then I walked up and heard the radio was on. The radio was. It on when I left. So I get in the truck and cut it off, then I try to cut it on again and it won't even come on for me... what issue do you think could be causing this to happen?? I need help

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Weird things will happen with low voltage. You need to determine if the truck has something not properly turning off at key off to cause the battery draw, or you have a bad battery that is draining them all down. You can fully charge the batteries, then disconnect them from the truck, and check the voltage later to see if they are still charged up, or depleted. As for the truck, the cab computer and radio do use a trickle amount of amperage constantly for memory and clock functions. The cab computer never fully shuts off, but enters a "sleep" mode after about 5 mins after key off, so some battery draw is normal. Normal draw on factory electronics is about 50 to 70 milliamps, or 0.05 to 0.07 amps. To measure this you need to disconnect the main ground at the batteries and use a digital multimeter in series between the ground cable and negative battery post and measure amps. Make sure you don't have a refrigerator that is on all the time. Other devices like power inverters will draw all the time too. Prostars can have a problem where the switch for the cargo lights for the underbunk cargo bays will not turn off when you lower the bed and the lights will stay on inside the cargo bays which are out of view. Slowly lower the bed down and watch to make sure that switch does contact the bed frame and turn those lights off.

Lenemigimports Thanks this.
  8. Lenemigimports

Lenemigimports Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2017
    I have a 2010. Prostsr maxxforce. With I recently bought. . I. Notice I added. Quite. A few. Gallons of. Coolant. So. That. Quite. For a few. Days on my. Way[ back from. Buying it. The. Fan. Does. Not. Engauge or. Oi dont hear it.
    Temperature. Bounce. From. 200. Up. To. 230 i would. Easy of. The. Fuel and. It. Would. Drop. Back. To 220. Then it. Loss alot of coolant. Tru metal reservior over flow. Causing to. Trip. The. Shut. Down

Can i. Add. A. Manual. Switch to it. I notice it has. 5. Lines going. To it
    I bought. This to take. Back. To el.salvador and. I. Don't know. What. To. Do

QUOTE="Heavyd, post: 3673890, member: 25661"]There is an air pressure sensor in the dash that reads air brake application. If the cruise is not canceling, and it is stubborn for selecting a starting gear, the body controller may not be getting a brake pedal application signal. This is the same signal for the brake lights. So if you have brake lights then the sensor should be working. Sounds

like your truck has the single draw, single return fuel tank system. The second fuel tank is an extra "storage" tank. The body controller senses the fuel level in both tanks and will turn on an electric pump to transfer fuel over from the storage tank to the draw tank. Any number of issues can cause this problem. Both problems require a deep understanding of electrical and electronic systems and you need the proper tools and wiring information to even start diagnosing these. Since the cruise is not canceling, that is an extreme safety problem and you have this looked at by a professional. The only thing you can really do is check your battery connections, especially the grounds, to make sure they are tight and clean.[/QUOTE] 2010 internatio

9. Lenemigimports

Jul 1, 2017

10. Lenemigimports

Jul 1, 2017
    I have a 2010. Prostsr maxxforce. With I recently bought. . I. Notice I added. Quite. A few. Gallons of. Coolant. So. That. Quite. For a few. Days on my. Way[ back from. Buying it. The. Fan. Does. Not. Engauge or. Oi dont hear it.
    Temperature. Bounce. From. 200. Up. To. 230 i would. Easy of. The. Fuel and. It. Would. Drop. Back. To 220. Then it. Loss alot of coolant. Tru metal reservior over flow. Causing to. Trip. The. Shut. Down

Can i. Add. A. Manual. Switch to it. I notice it has. 5. Lines going. To it
    I bought. This to take. Back. To el.salvador and. I. Don't know. What. To. Do

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Those have a magnetic engagement clutch. All controlled from the ECM through a pulse-width modulated signal, not a regular on/off 12 volts. If the fan never comes on, the clutch has likely failed causing the over temp and pushing it out the reservoir.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.