08 prostar abs module

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Dwhitson, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Lenemigimports

Lenemigimports Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2017
    Thanks. How. Don I. Test. For. A bad. Fan. Clutch. I put a multi meter on the. Plug. One. Corner it's. Ground. The. Other. Two in the. Middle push out 5.0 v. The. One. That. It's. 12.0 when ignition it's on when. Engine is. Running. Fluctu ates. 12.5. 10. 9. 6.5. 10.99. V it's all. Over the. Place . I'm. Gonna recharge. Ac Tomorow. See. If that. Kicks fan on. Also. Can. This be locked. Up. Like. The. Regular ones. 10 mm bolt. And locked. To

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lenemigimports

Jul 1, 2017
    How. Can I test. If it's ended bad. Can u hear it kick in like. The. Regular. Fan on a Cummings. Detroit. Cat

4. Lenemigimports

Jul 1, 2017
    What's. Regular. Working. Temp. For a maxx f.13. When. Should. Fan. Kick in. Like. Detroit. Cats. I know. 210 up.ti. 215. And. Cool. Down. To. 190. It's. A good. Working. Temp. If it does that all. Day long it's just. Fine. I. Don't know. About this one. I never had anything past 2003

5. Lenemigimports

Jul 1, 2017
    I idle. For. About 20 min. Tempg. Stayed. At. 170. Started. Driving. Temp stayed at 170. Worked it. Self to 200 in about. 4 miles. With. Traffic light once on. Highway. Up to 200 as. Soon. As it started to pull Lil. Hills over pases 220 upto 228 I would. Stimate if I easy of the. Gas. It. Would. Drop got to truck stop and it. Dropped ro. 205. Check. Reservior. It was empty .. check. It yesterday afternoon 10. Hrs it had cool. Down. Res. Had 3/4 full just. Shy a gal from. Full mark

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I need the last 8 of your VIN to make sure what emission model maxxforce you have. 2010 was a change over year.

7. Lenemigimports

Jul 1, 2017
  8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You can check the circuitry inside the fan clutch for problems. You need a digital multimeter, and should have the appropriate test leads. disconnect the fan clutch connector and measure these points on the clutch side of the harness;

Using a digital multimeter, measure the resistance between pins on the fan hub Deutsch connector.

- Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 (1-2) Spec ( >1MΩ )
    If it fails this test, use In Line Device (ILD) shown in photo. This failure is usually associated with a 3512 code.
    - Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 (1-3) Spec ( 6Ω to 16Ω )
    - Terminal 2 to Terminal 5 (2-5) Spec ( 2.5KΩ to 4KΩ )
    If it fails this test, replace the fan hub assembly.

The fan may pass all the electrical tests, but may still be mechanically failed internally. I would have this looked at by a shop that is familiar with these engines.

Lenemigimports Thanks this.
  9. Lenemigimports

Jul 1, 2017
    Terminal Wil. Be. Wich. One the pin that's alone will the. Plug be. Marked as to. Wich one is. Nunber one 2 3 4

10. Lenemigimports

Jul 1, 2017
    What's. A. In line. Device. The. Multimeter?

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The connector body has the numbers molded into it at the ends, they are really tiny and hard to see. #6 is the empty one. The In Line Device is really only needed if you have that code which I believe turns on the warning light too. It may already have it, it is basically a jumper harness installed in between the fan clutch and engine harness, it is about 5 inches long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.