08 prostar abs module

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Dwhitson, Oct 23, 2013.

1. 2013Maxx

2013Maxx Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Hey Heavyd your the man I see!! I have a 2013 ProStar with maxxforce 13 automatic trans and I recently had my ABS module in the LCD display come on after driving in fridged ice and snow conditions.. It was all good until I came to a stop and set the park brakes.. Then BAM.. The triangle light, abs, and traction control lights came on at once.. I also noticed a small air leak from a little air line that connects to the black canister right by the washer fluid tank which I believe is the oil filter housing.. Could this be the problem??

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If the canister you are talking about is round with a hand crank knob on it, that is your centrifugal oil filter and will not cause an abs light.

2013Maxx Thanks this.
  3. 2013Maxx

2013Maxx Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Yes that’s it.. I’m guessing an ABS wheel sensor probably went bad from ice and dirt.. The rear most brakes are due for a change also.. Guess I have to scan it and see.. Would you happen to also know what’s the purpose of the small air line going to the centrifugal canister?

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Helps force oil back into the engine.

2013Maxx Thanks this.
  5. Rufusl

Rufusl Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2018
    I pulled out a fuse a now I'm getting those readings....

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You should put the fuse back in.

7. StangTony50

StangTony50 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Hello i have a 2010 International prostar with an isx 13. This problem has been driving me crazy and I've done a little bit of research but I don't just want to throw Parts at it if anybody has been having the same issues as I am and has resolved the problem please give me Insight on how to fix it thanks in advance.
    I will be driving with cruise control on and all of a sudden I hear the brake relay go off and my brake lights turn on and the cruise control cuts off. and sometimes when it's in cruise control and the air dryer purges it also cuts it off. my traction control and abs module lights are on on the dash. when I did my research they said all that is combined in the same problem.one guy said that the quick release valve thats located under driver side under the cab is bad. I don't know how true this is but it beats buying a abs module for nothing. Thanks.

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    No! Do not buy an abs module. The dash says "ABS Module" because it is just displaying which electronic device is reporting a fault. You have some really weird things going on there and I highly recommend having someone who knows Prostar wiring and electronics very well to look at it. The truck is computer controlled and getting the codes out of it to see what is going on should be step one.

StangTony50 Thanks this.
  9. StangTony50

Jan 12, 2019

10. StangTony50

Jan 12, 2019
    Yes I figured that. Thank you very much for your reply.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.