08 prostar abs module

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Dwhitson, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The abs and cab computer are losing communication with the engine to cause this. The engine is still losing power. The ecm will log code 1117 if it is losing battery power. If no codes, then it is losing ignition power. ECM power is drawn from the mega fuses at the firewall near the air cleaner, should be a fuse holder somewhere in there, make sure all those connections are good. Make sure the ecm power connector is good at the ecm too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Prince bhangu

Prince bhangu Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Ontario
    Thank you. I’ll check in morning & post here

4. Ivansoto0123

Ivansoto0123 Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2016
    I'm having the same problem with my 09 freightliner cascadia. No clicking when I turn key

5. Qaj27

Qaj27 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2022
    Heavy D, I have this same issue with Abs module. Do you know what was the outcome of this issue when he took to international dealer when mine comes on it causes shifting issues with truck.

6. Qaj27

Qaj27 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2022
    When my abs module light comes on at breaking and causes shifting issues.

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Unfortunately, many people here never come back to report what the fix was. They come here to get their freebie information and bail. That person did not report back. I would have to guess you have a bad brake pressure switch to cause that.

2013Maxx and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  8. Downsouthgal

Downsouthgal Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2022
    Maxxforce 2013

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  9. Downsouthgal

Jun 29, 2022
    Hello Heavy D!!! I have been reading your replies for a couple years❤️❤️❤️ but never needed any assistancebefore now ..I have a 2013international Maxxforce, while drivingthe other day my ABS light brakepressure the stop sign and yellowtriangle warning light came on and theLCD displays abs module and a loudbeeping ….Took it to a mechanic andNo codes showed up but the battery was dead ….we charged batteries andthey kept dying….So I brought newbatteries as it was waaaay past timefor them drove the truck and the lightand beeping started back again …it’sstopping just fine and running the exact same as it was before lightscame on …the only difference is thelights and the beeping…mechanic says I can still drive it to do my route but the lights and beeping are killingme ….do U know what this could be ?Thank U in advance

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    It must be logging codes of some sort. I would have it scanned with Diamond Logic Builder software, this is for the cab controller, and then have the abs scanned with either Bendix Acom Pro or Wabco Toolbox depending on what abs system the truck was built with. I have never seen that combination of warning lights before.

Downsouthgal Thanks this.
  11. Downsouthgal

Jun 29, 2022
    Thank U So much…It was put on their scanner and no codes showed up but we’ve been waiting on their WABCO programmer for over a week Imma find another shop that has the Wabco and let U know what they say it is….

Heavyd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.