08 Prostar Fuel tank equalization

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Havlikda, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Havlikda

Havlikda Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Im currently working on a 2008 international Prostar. The problem that i am having is that the Drivers tank will fill completely full while the passenger tank is quite a bit lower. The drivers tanks will pressurize while and spill fuel out when you start to open the cap. The drivers tank is the tank that the engine both draws fuel from and returns fuel to. There is a transfer pump that will send fuel from the passengers tank to the drivers tank. I have checked the resistance in the wiring harness for both tanks and have got reading of .5 ohms to .7 ohms from the tank to the body control module. The fuel tank level sending units have been replaced in both tanks in the previous few months. I have no codes in the system for fuel level senders. I have blown air through the tank vents and air has gone into the tank have pressurized the tanks and no air comes out of the vent tubes. Any help i could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    did you check to make sure you do not have a blocked supply line and i haven't seen a truck with a transfer pump on a tank in ages this is kind of strange they usually draw from both tanks top of trans and there is a splitter valve also same for return.

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    This system is controlled by the body controller. It reads the fuel level in both tanks and once the draw tank is about 12% less than the storage tank, the body controller will command the transfer pump to turn on. You really need Diamond Logic Builder software to see what the body controller is seeing. Do you have this?

5. Havlikda

Havlikda Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2015
    No. I do not have the software to read what the body controller is doing, there is somethings that i can get into with the bosch heavy duty scan tool. But that is not of the things that i can get into

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Your options here are very limited.

7. BTony

BTony Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Did you get it fixed and if so what was the problem I am having the same issue
    Did

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.