09 D13 loses power pulling, no codes

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by neverhome79, Jan 18, 2014.

1. CascadeDiesel509

CascadeDiesel509 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Check your boost pipes. Maybe your intercooler has a small leak...

Imani100 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Revup

Revup Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2020

4. Revup

Revup Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Hi, did you found an issue? Having exactly the same problem.

5. Imani100

Imani100 Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Chicago
    “I had a hole in my Intercooler and another time a boot near the oil filters had a small puncture” i guess he has a new account that’s what he said though

6. CascadeDiesel509

CascadeDiesel509 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2019
    Could it be your injectors? When was the last time you replaced them? Whats your mileage? On my current truck when pulling a hill and my rpms drop truck starts shaking and the lower the rpms the worse so i try dropping a gear and keep her above 1400. I was told that has something to do with injectors...

7. Misterj313

Misterj313 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2018
    Does anyone have any idea if a lot of the same symptoms would apply to 06 d12d engine? Having the same problem with power loss coming and going, especially on hills. One 2-3 mile hill i was losing power coming up to it and barely coasted up it to climb about 25 mph in 8th gear low, only to all of a sudden regain power half way up and start climbing gears. There was no change in pitch. It started about a week ago, then stopped for a couple days and started again in mtn area. Normally 30psi boost is at about 10 psi. I opened the instake and the turbo spun freely, no oil, nothing broken. I thought I heard a little extra air noise coming out my exhaust the last cpl months. I will check for air bubbles in the tank, and check my egrs. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

8. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Its all a process of elimination my first thought would be is if someone put in a bad batch of diesel this could very well clog up your fuel filters. Second check your air cleaner how many miles have you done since it was last changed? Air restriction will cause a huge loss of power to the engine, something anyone who's driven tanks in the desert would be very aware of, and yes third would be the fuel injection system.

Misterj313 Thanks this.
  9. Misterj313

Misterj313 Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2018
    Yeah I just had a pm and everything was serviced and all filters replaced. I thought maybe it was bad diesel at first, but my diesel looks good I drained out of my water seperator. Would water drain out of the tank first? Ive had 2 full tanks since it first started and I put in some lucas fuel treatment in between. It seemed to stop for about 1000 miles while I was out of the hill area and then start up again when I got back there. Maybe I will just change my water seperator tomorrow anyways. Change both fuel filters? Ive been hearing what sounds like extra exhaust air for a couple weeks as well. Almost a whistle when I drive so Im about to check the boost with one of those guages. The EGR's are a POS on these trucks but better than changing injectors i think. I have just over 1 million, my injectors and cups were changed at 850k so hopefully its something else. Thanks. Im really not much of a mechanic but Ive fixed several things just reading this forum, so very much appreciated. My air filters are brand new.

10. Rob100100

Rob100100 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Turbo maybe the actuator with it kicking off and on. .Possibly.

11. Imani100

Imani100 Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Chicago
    Nah that won’t be it i had both replaced

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.