'09 Freightliner, annoying timer to cut off sleeper electrical power

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Metron, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Metron

Metron Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2011
    USA
    My '09 Freightliner Century has this annoying feature that cuts off all electrical power to the sleeper area. I need light if I'm up. I don't want to be running the engine just to keep my electric on. How do I get around this? Is there a way to defeat the timer? I figure it's about a 5 minute timer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    in the fuse panel right behind the driver seat on left piller is the fuse box, but beware you pull a fuse for that , you might disable something else, also on the right side under the air bag is a fused box too, just check your manual if you have one , if you need a light , i look at moition lights that runs off batterys.as in most place that sells fire stuff , sell em.

4. Metron

Metron Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2011
    USA
    Well, I found the fuse panel. But I have no idea where to go from there. I may get myself a led rechargeable "shop" light instead of cutting wires or removing fuses.

5. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    That is supposed to be a safety feature so you dont drain too much power, mine did this when all 4 of my batteries were going bad. Make sure you have that checked. Now my sleeper power will stay on all night with bunk heater and laptop playing for about a day.

6. Metron

Metron Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks! I'll have it checked.

7. ITS62

ITS62 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Gilroy, CA
    My Volvo did this too, but it was a low battery safety shutdown. Turns out I needed new batteries that would keep a full charge and was good to keep the lights on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.