09 international prostar electrical issues

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Krhaulin, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Krhaulin

Krhaulin Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2016
    I have a 09 prostar with the Cummings isx motor, the windshield wipers will not cut off. The brake lights won't cut off. Nothing on the right side dash works such as fog light regen dump suspension etc? Just put 4 new batteries in it. I don't know if it's a wire issue. Or ECM or body controller? Thanks for your time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Before you do anything, disconnect the main hot lead at the batteries and wait 15 minutes before you put it back on. Make sure the key is off the whole time.

Most of what you're describing have "virtual" fuses in the body control module and a hard reboot fixes things a surprising amount of the time.
    Frank

Krhaulin Thanks this.
  4. Krhaulin

Krhaulin Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Thanks frank. I will try that tomorrow.

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Double check your battery connections, then check the mega fuses near the air cleaner housing at the firewall on the left hand side. You might have popped one or both.

Krhaulin Thanks this.
  6. Krhaulin

Krhaulin Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2016
    I unhooked battery and let sit for 20 mins. I also checked the mega fuses one was shot, replaced but still have same issues. The info center is saying electrical fault abs module. Would abs module have anything to do with the problems stated above. THanks

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The ABS module is a symptom, but not the cause. Sounds like you still have power issues. If the ABS does not power up, the cluster will freak out and display that message. When you key on, can you hear the start-up clicks from the modulator valves? If not, this means the ABS is not turning on at key on and you still have power issues to those circuits. Also, pull out the windshield washer breaker and let the wipers cycle 4-5 times and see if they stop.

Krhaulin Thanks this.
  8. Krhaulin

Krhaulin Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Heavyd thanks for the info. What started all of this was the truck didn't have a lot of pulling power. Mechanic said was part of the egr on back of motor. He fixed the horsepower part but in doing so he took half the dash out to get to it. So could it be something he did putting dash back on? Before I took it to him I didn't have any of these problems.

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Have him double check the load shedding relay. It is mounted on the rear engine cover under the center console. If it is unplugged or came disconnected, you will lose half the truck.

Krhaulin Thanks this.
  10. Krhaulin

Krhaulin Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Heavyd I brought the truck home he said he was busy it would be weeks before he could look at it again. Could you explain to me easiest way for me to do it. I have half the dash apart all ready. Thanks

11. Krhaulin

Krhaulin Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Nevermind heavydo. Saw it on one of your older threads. Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.