09 Pro Star with Cummins ISX

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by kybulldog81, Feb 24, 2017.

1. kybulldog81

kybulldog81 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2017
    A/C out of this truck. Replaced thermistors, evac and recharged a/c. Check high pressure switch, it's looking like designed. Does anyone know what is the proper voltage that should be coming in out of the thermistors? also, if there are codes set, and they are not clear, will it prevent a/c from work? I don't have a scan tool to pull and clears codes. I know can pull power to reset computers, but didn't want to reset all to computers by pulling power. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowblind11

snowblind11 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2017
    The best way to check them is with DLB. They are a variable resistor so it's hard to check then with a multimeter. Do you have your check A/C light on?

4. kybulldog81

Feb 24, 2017
    No A/C light on that I know of, and what are you referring to DLB? Laptop scantool? Thanks.

5. snowblind11

Feb 6, 2017
    Yes, "Diamond Logic Builder" it is the software you need to diagnose International Truck A/C systems. Without that program you are just throwing a hail Mary of parts at it. You also need a proper recovery/fill AC station. With out that you can't tell what is happening with static pressures/running pressures.

6. kybulldog81

Feb 24, 2017
    I have a A/C station that can do all that. The problem is the compressor is not kicking on. pulled the Freon out and recharged when done the thermistors, I can supply power to compressor, and it system works fine, just cant get power to system on it's own. I hate to know how much that software cost from them. lol.

7. snowblind11

Feb 6, 2017
    Yes it's around $800 USD.

8. snowblind11

Feb 6, 2017
    Sometimes there are faults in the system for high head pressure (high side pressure is too high) which will cause the body controller to shut that output down. It usually shows a check AC light but weird things can happen with international BC's. It might be worth going to the dealer and ask them to clear all the faults in DLB so that the outputs can activate again. Also, sometimes high clutch current faults will disable the outputs on the body controller and will only reactivate if the faults are cleared through DLB. Hope this helps.

9. kybulldog81

Feb 24, 2017
    That helps a lot, cause I know the high pressure switch is good, cause I let it run while I was providing power to the system, head pressure got up to around 350, and fan kick in. So, that's what my original thoughts, is that there are faults that need to be clear to reactivate the system. Thanks keeping me in field, and not going out to the left lol

10. snowblind11

Feb 6, 2017
    Anytime... good luck!

11. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    u probably already checked but have you seen rawzes videos on utube, he has a video about resetting prostar ac fault, i had the same truck and same issue so that video helped me out when i was in an 09 prostar

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.