09 prostar a/c replaced everything still not working

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by radicastuff, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Salazar1984

Salazar1984 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2017
    I have this problem with my 09 prostar when idling my compressor will kick on along with engine fan and stay cold for about 15 mins then they both stop I can turn truck off for few seconds and turn back on and it works again any help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Diagnose it properly. Don't lust throw parts at it. To do so you will have to find a shop with DLB on a laptop.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    For some reason, I can't read new member posts until about 2 or 3 days after they post? The thread comes up in bold writing and shows Salazar made a new post, but when I click into the thread his post isn't there? Been seeing this for a while now with new members. Weird!

6. wheelman666

wheelman666 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2011
    Lake Katrine NY
    I posted this in another thread also
    I have an 09 Prostar, replaced pretty much everything.
    Sleeper is completely disconnected because it doesn't work
    have 2.5 lbs in system
    AC will blow decently cold for 15-20 mins and then turn to hot.
    shut it off, wait 30-60 mins and normally i get cold again, not always,
    Have not replaced Evap Temp Sensor, could not find it on truck.
    anyone have any idea of WTF is going with this AC? i am so tired of being hot.

Also as a side not, i always fell hot from somewhere in the driver area. its not blowing on me, its just there, you can feel heat coming from somewhere. have no idea where and have not been able to track it down. its almost like it radiating from places.

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Your random head is probably faulty rear engine cover seal and or insulation.

As for your a/c problem, I have made many many posts about Prostar A/C systems and what to do. I am sure if you read this thread from the start you will get the answers you need. If you have any new questions, feel free to ask.

8. wheelman666

May 9, 2011
    Lake Katrine NY
    》》》this have been mentioned later on but I wanted to tag this before I lose it.
    I have an APU so I have constant 110 in truck, my rear ac system is shot and needs work. Blower, condesor, fan, etc. Just wondering if it would be better, cooler and in long run cheaper to install a RV type AC unit or even a 6500 btu house unit rather than fix and probably keep fixing the prostar sleep system?
    Any thoughts, comparissions, anything?

9. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ

Good Luck!

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Another video explaining how to throw parts at your truck. Good video, but without a laptop to know exactly why the compressor is isn't being commanded on, you are just throw money at it.

11. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    And when you need a laptop to figure out why your AC doesn't come on, it's time to reengineer the system.

12. wheelman666

May 9, 2011
    Lake Katrine NY
    That is a #### true statement.
    It's an ac to much computers

13. wheelman666

May 9, 2011
    Lake Katrine NY
    HarvyD
    I have read through everything and yep need a laptop, but given everything done and all the comets I won't be surprised that I need thermostats.

I have a slightly different question. I do have a shut off valve, which is off, under the hood. But I still feel heat from somewhere. It's almost like its radiating. 8ts definitely not blowing. Any guess? I also notice that even when I turn the truck to vent, I should be getting a colder air flow but I'm not it's still warm.b there are days where it's are lot cooler outside and I just can't get cool air in the cab. Why??

• Truckers Report Jobs