09 prostar a/c replaced everything still not working

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by radicastuff, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Sorry, but it worked. I don't know what else to say. My AC was not working when the temps rose above 70*, 80* may as well just have the vent open. I did nothing to the AC system, as I was totally disgusted at this point. One day, I was looking at the schematics for something totally unrelated and saw that sensor and did some checking, going around in the schematics. So, on a whim, I jacked up the truck and crawled under there and started doing surgery... I dug it out, put it up at the cowl and have had ice cold AC ever since. I probably have around $10,000 in this AC system, they just don't suddenly work and stay working. The only variable is me pulling that sensor out, had ice cold air since that day. It had been months since I touched the AC when I did that. It worked for me. ;-)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johnnydngrs

johnnydngrs Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2015
    thank you Heavyd, this did fix my engine fan issue. change fan control switch to enable and control toolbox was (254- null address) changed to body controller 33. now BC is communicating with ecm.
    one other thing i need to verify is why my a/c compressor clutch is not cycling off.
    high side pressure reaches 240 and engine fan turns on for 5 seconds, this drops high pressure 215, 8 seconds later it reaches 240 then drops to 215 it keeps doing that over and over. a/c comp on all the time,
    inlet temp=32 outlet temp=30 wont go lower then that. im thinking its because truck was not moving. so imma try cleaning the condenser and get air flowing thru it and see how it reacts. thanks again for your help, greatly appreciate.

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You might have a low charge with some air in the system. Also, the outer kick panel in front of the passenger seat actually forms the lower half of the blower box housing and if it isn't properly installed, warm are will leak around the evaporator and reduce efficiency. Are able to check the charge? Should be 3.0 lbs 134A. If the charge is good, might have an expansion valve that is partially stuck open.

williams1987 and johnnydngrs Thank this.
  5. johnnydngrs

Apr 13, 2015
    Yea it probably is low, will check the charge and go from there, thank you

6. johnnydngrs

Apr 13, 2015
    update: got my a/c working again. thanks to Heavyd. my problem all along was that my ecm wasn't programed right. the ecm wasn't receiving a signal from body controller for the engine fan to come on, which was causing high pressure and faulting my a/c. thanks Heavyd.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Great to hear!

williams1987 Thanks this.
  8. myke1175

myke1175 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Hello Heavyd i have a 09 prostar isx front cab not blowing air i can feel cold through the front vents it will start and stop blowing for a Oksecond .and stop again every 4 -5 min sleeper blows fine and heat was working fine in the front cab jus not the a/c i replaced the silver 30 amp fuse with a regular 30 amp no change can you please help with this......

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ok, so you are saying the blower is ok in the front with heat, but doesn't blow cold, or doesn't blow at all? Your story is confusing.

10. myke1175

myke1175 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Thank you... Heavyd for replying i figuered out the problem was i overcharged with freon thinking i needed more ooops big mistake my front cab blower was shutting down so i fixed it got some freon taken out and boom blower is working thank you though good job on you posts much respect.......

Heavyd Thanks this.
  11. myke1175

myke1175 Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Hello again Heavyd so today i went out in the truck and the blower is doing nothing i can feel the hot and cold but no blow just the air no speeds are working rear is fine front cab is not fuses are fine the switch for the modes are fine compressor and fan kick in what do you suggest i was thinking of the resistor gone dead because this been going on for a couple weeks now where the blower goin in and out slightly Thank you....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.