1/2 year after receiving deposit, Peterbilt raised 15K on price

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by c.w, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Mr Uturn

Mr Uturn Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2021
    #### right it is, also fet, sales tax, title fee will increase. So that 15k could very well be 22k

Jammer' and JonJon78 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    FET is included on the order summary when the truck is spec’d, along with any tax credits if you’ve chosen any components that qualify.

p608 Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you drive for Danny Herman Trucking?
    @Rocks is asking about the company.

5. TheFonz

TheFonz Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2020
    Get your deposit and keep your current truck, 15k in your pocket will serve you much better. On a side note my last new truck a 2020 389 was junk. Miss my 2015 everyday.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. kegger

kegger Bobtail Member

May 12, 2009
    Muscatine, IA
    Receiving a quote is just that a quote, it's not a binding contract. It's subject to change based upon conditions beyond the control of any parties involved. They're also understanding of your right and possibility of canceling the purchase based upon the increase. Anyone who believes different is misinterpreting what a quote is. The exception would be that the quote is not subject to change within its confines, while the quoting party made it as such. Without signatures of a binding agreement, as in a contract, highly probable no recourse.

Even in a contract with extenuating circumstances it possible that it may not be honored. Unless one has the means and the resources to attempt litigation. Is it really worth it, it may be more costly even with the ability.

Perhaps the take away to not see this as being the victim of dishonesty if inclined to believe that? It's to ask yourselves, not why did this happen to us. Why did it happen for you?

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I built my house with a price lock. Purchased in March '21. Will be ready the end of this month.

Has gone up / appraised by PNC for exactly 10% more than what I paid for it.

You either deal with honest people or crooks.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mine was just as sh was hitting the fan. And the entire street was built in half the time it had planned for. To get people closed on their houses before they lost their jobs. Leaving the builder stuck with extra houses. About 1/3 of my street aren't the original buyers. The entire street was done in 6 months.

9. MortyB

MortyB Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2022
    One way or the other,it's going to be screw job. First thing i'd do is consult an accountant specializing in industry. Trucker Tax Services in Cambridge,Ontario knows its stuff. Rhona,if she hasn't retired yet,collaborates with several lawyers on regular basis specializing in industry.Get pointed in right direction.
    Contract must be,by law,upheld.All stipulations in contract must be disclosed to signer upon agreement,up front in understandable 'language'. Contract null and void if not.Either way,extreme anxiety and frustration and $$$ to rectify the issue. Years in court,likely.
    That's how corporate contract 'LAW' operates.

10. MortyB

MortyB Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2022
    You give them too much credit. Corporations violate 'LAW' all day long. Challenging it is what the trick is. Corporations rely on that not occurring because they know most don't have resources to challenge.
    Off the top of my head,every passenger vehicle manufacturer re-released their tv commercial ads,literally overnight,on bogus fuel mileage claims here in Canada after class action by over 100000 Canadians dragged Hyundai/Kia into court and won big. Never let anyone tell you corporations are too big to sue.

11. Dwragon

Dwragon Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2022
    What no one recognized is that a contract, abet verbal, and more was created when they accepted his deposit, a contract which any court is required to recognize by common law. He never said what happened though.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.