1 week until I receive CDL

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by D0618466, Mar 3, 2018.

1. jaxwinner

jaxwinner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Barton Arkansas
    Isn't Indian River based out of Florida?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know.

Southeast regional ; Raven Transport and Cypress Truck Lines and National Carriers and Dartco Inc.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Raven Transport:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  5. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    They will sue you, speaking from personal experience. Make sure you can get your tuition reimbursed without a copy of your school completion certificate, because they will probably not give it to you until you have already paid it.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Get a credit and pay off the tuition, then throw the credit card away. Now you owe the credit card company a small monthly payment and CRST gives you the school certificate.
    It's not worth going to a company just for tuition reimbursement, if the company isn't what you want concerning hometime, etc.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, but their website has 2 yrs. experience required.

8. D0618466

D0618466 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2018
    So when you got sued? Did that affect your DAC report, and hindered you from getting employment?

9. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    CRST is one of the companies that will actually take all legal steps to prevent you from getting hired until you pay them. It’s not impossible to get hired while they have their legal team attacking you, but they make it messy enough that plenty of people have had a lot of issues.

Chinatown gave you the best advice- get a credit card and pay them off and then make monthly payments to the CC company. IF you’re dead set on CRST that is.

10. D0618466

D0618466 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2018
    i cant make payments to them? until its paid of?

11. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Usually, they won’t give you the certificate of completion that you need to get another job. But I’m sure there’s exceptions to their rules.

I’m not trying to paint a dire picture here, just letting you know that of all the companies out there CRST is the one known for doing everything they can to prevent you from working- including threatening any company that hires you. In the end, it’s all legal bluster- but it has caused enough aggravation for everyone involved.

Nothing is hopeless- just be prepared for pushback from them if you go that route. Might be easier just to do the 9 months to a year with them and try to run as hard as you can. Then anyone will hire you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.