$10,000 EIDL GRANT

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Here's another anecdotal contribution, I electronically filed my 2019 return (via TurboTax) on April the 10th. The tax return was "accepted" by the IRS, but is in the processing stage right now.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. paulf

paulf Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2012
    SE WI
    The IRS works in mysterious ways. They must have singled you out as the chosen one!:) There were a couple people this past week who mistakenly received over a million dollar direct deposit from the IRS for the stimulus payment!! Perhaps that is where all the delayed stimulus payments are currently tied up???

Rideandrepair and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    LOL. I read about that firefighter guy who had a dd of 8 million into his account. Of course, the IRS reversed the deposit before the weekend was over.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    There's been a few companies, so far on tv, that have applied, and don't need it. Sure they've lost a little business but they're still going business as usual. While most are hurting and could use the money more then those that don't need it.

The last company. Was a landscape company. In portland. 300 employees.

Greedy pigs.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    People that used services that advance them their refunds, or even part of it, like some H&R Block, Turbo Tax and others, are not getting their stimulus payments as the tax refunds came back to those preparers. Turbo Tax said the stimulus will go back to the IRS and then who knows.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    That sucks^^

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Apparently I'm going to be moving next month as my house will be done.

60 days ahead of schedule.

Govt mail doesn't forward. I'll probably be screwed with both my refund I just filed and my stimulus.

Rideandrepair and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The 24 hours means security lockout.

Any time you burn up a couple of tries you are thrown out and told to try again in 24 hours.

Next month is going to be a lot of money sunk into solving problems, partly caused by Covid. I am getting to where it does not matter when or if the stimulus check gets here. I believe it when I see it and am moving on anyway.

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    The money is gone. The stimulus package intended to help small businesses has been officially depleted. Like so many fellow entrepreneurs, I had hope. I feel like a fool admitting that now, though.

I’ve spent these past few weeks filling out endless applications, scanning documents, and waiting on hold for hours. When the stimulus package passed with specific funding for the self employed, I was on it. I applied for just enough to cover our overhead for a couple months, and then waited patiently. With funds being made available to businesses employing as many as 500 people, our little family business felt like a relative drop in the bucket. I felt optimistic... I felt validated... I should have known better.

Thanks to a successful lobbying campaign, the federal government's idea of a small business includes corporate owned restaurant franchises, hedge fund managers, and companies owning multiple hotel chains. Businesses of this size often employ full time chief financial officers and already have existing lending relationships with banks. It’s no wonder there was nothing left for the little Mom and Pop shops like us. But take heart, America:

Potbelly Corp, a chain of over 400 restaurants, got $10 million.

Wave Life Sciences, a biotech company incorporated in Singapore, secured $7.2 million.

Ruth’s Hospitality Group Inc., a company with more than 5,000 workers, received $20 million in forgivable loans.

Hersha Hospitality Trust, a hotel company that had over $1.5 billion in revenue last year, has applied for more than 50 loans, listing each of their locations as a separate entity.

Apparently, our representatives need a reminder of what small business really looks like. I know I am not the only one feeling abandoned and unappreciated right now. The problem is that the sole proprietors and entrepreneurs of this country tend to be too proud to speak up. We’re a fiercely independent bunch. I’ll admit, just writing these words has been a difficult challenge for me.

But right now America needs to hear from us. All of us. I want to see the faces of the shopkeepers, the restaurateurs, and the salon owners who are being affected by this pandemic. I want to look right into the eyes of the artists, musicians, and event promoters who have lost their livelihoods. I want to hear from the farmers, seamstresses, and personal trainers who are struggling to make ends meet. We need to know the plight of the butchers, the bakers, and yes, the candlestick makers. Because we are the true faces of small business.

So please feel free to copy & paste this with your own picture, so all of America can see what is truly at stake here.

#thefaceofsmallbusiness

11. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    This is like a game of musical chairs. The music is speeding up and the chairs are disappearing.

It's sort of like watching those old Muhammad Ali fights back in the 70's, where he would go into the rope-a-dope position. For SOME (not all) the longer they can stay in the ring, the better chance of long-term survival they'll have.

Tug Toy and TallJoe Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.