$10,000 EIDL GRANT

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    #### bro did you write that yourself? Inspiring and I totally agree. Hang in there friend.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    So true. Cat sdp. I read those articles. Sent an email to my house and Senate Representatives.
    Typical government hype to help the small companies and self-employed. Just to see the money go to the larger corporations.

I'm lucky, I can weather this storm for a few months without any government grants.

I made it through 07-10, this shouldn't be much worse.

I thought at the moment Congress started talking about a bail out, it would turn into a money grab by the conglomerate international corporations.
    IT has... I didn't think it would get this big,,and counting.

Let them fxxxxxxers fail. Said it in 07 I'll say it again. Our nation's debt is too high. We need to do a reset, the sooner the better.
    Good luck to all us SMALL people.

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    No , I’m not that smart...... someone else forwarded it to me.

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I learned yesterday that Oregon (where I live) is way behind processing unemployment claims, I mean in the tens of thousands.

They're reporting the system is so overwhelmed with claims, they can't keep up. Well, that's partially correct. Turns out the software system is outdated. Instead of using the 3 million dollar grant the state received to update the outdated processing system a couple of years ago, they parked the money and never updated the system.

Many people are reporting that they've logged into the system to apply, go through the whole application process to open a claim, only to discover the claim "gets lost", etc, and have to restart the process all over.

If you're working and drawing a paycheck every week, that's awesome. However, we must not forget that there are truly millions of Americans who have lost their jobs, through no fault of their own, who would rather be working, and are now suffering because of decisions that were made to essentially shut down a large swath of the economy.

6. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    One thing the media hasn’t been showing is the massive lines of people and cars lining up for free food at the food banks. It really puts things in perspective. I wish they would show real life things like that more then just talk in circles about nothing basically.

Twitter search “food lines”. It’s pretty wild/sad.

I think most people are ready to so screw it and get back to work.

7. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Then there's this from our Govenor. This is in a state where we've only had 50 plus Coronavirus related deaths.

Yet, from the sounds of it, she intends to employ a slow roll where the economy might "open" by Labor Day.

Gov. Brown on reopening state: 'It will take longer than anyone wants' - KTVZ

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Here is a radio Host with a variety of topics from Oregon. I don't think he agrees with her too often.

The Lars Larson Show - Honestly Provocative Talk Radio

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Yeah, Lars has been challenging the State & local government in the PNW for years.

10. superhill56

superhill56 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Powdersville, SC
    I haven’t caught completely up on this thread but I applied on April 8 through Wells Fargo and I was told to wait on them to send me an application. They finally sent me an application Wednesday night at 21:00 and I went ahead and applied as soon as I got it. Low and behold the money ran out Thursday morning so I never even had a snowballs chance in hell. Our government and big businesses are in bed together and all of them are snakes. Man it’s sad they pit us against each other. Black vs white, Democrat vs Republican, when it’s really Rich vs Poor and we can’t even get our acts together collectively and make a change. A company with 5,000 employees just got a “Small Business” loan for $20 million when the cap is $10 million. We never even stood a chance guys.

11. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    I agree that small business should be labeled WAY differently then what it is. To me a small business is under like 10 million revenue.

See the problem is, these other huge “small” businesses have dedicated attorneys, CFO’s, etc that their only job becomes to get the money. While a real small business, the owner is busy working or trying to save the company and doesn’t have nearly the knowledge or time to figure it all out day 1 night 1 and push and push to make it happen.

I don’t think we can sit here and fully blame rich vs poor though because look at @Scooter Jones That man took the bull by the horns immediately and aggressively pursued it while documenting all the way through. Well, guess who got a PPP loan? Scooter.

The small guy just needed to shift priorities from working to getting the money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.