$10,000 EIDL GRANT

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Blackhorse77

Blackhorse77 Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    O
    nly given eight weeks?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    I didn’t have much choice. Things happened unexpectedly—not planned:life situation.

Rideandrepair and DUNE-T Thank this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Correct. The money is primarily meant to provide revenue on the books for 1 month average X 2.5. Average of monthly payroll related costs, plus utilities, rent, mortgage, etc.

Rideandrepair and Blackhorse77 Thank this.
  5. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    I’m not against people getting help if they really need it but come on. The economy was good for how many years before this virus started and it’s only Been a month if that of slow downs and people are already talking about it loosing trucks and can’t stay parked for a bit. What were they doing with the money that was coming in when things were good? I agree with the posters back about giving the small companies or single truck O/O a break of some sort for NOT using government aid.

6. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    Thank you! So well written it brought tears to my eyes.

7. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    Well said

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  8. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    I thought exactly the same thing. I was attacked even by thinking the same way. People were telling me to keep those wheels turning no matter what. Also, told me I am a bad business owner because I didn’t prepare myself for this kind of life situation. Nobody was prepared, not even country leaders. I survived a season lately when setting things up. Couldn’t operate for two months before the MC number was activated. We also survived last year a couple of months when my spouse was bed ridden because of sustained injury. It seemed they wanted to take a new guy out of the operation. I was told I neglected the business because I am considering a loan. Well, people here want to survive. And many here operated for a long time, and the are applying for loans.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I want to know how this ends up.

CNN just scrolled on their message ticker of a lawsuit against the big banks for reshuffling the loans to bigger public traded clients. Apparently they got bigger fees.

Why should they be collecting fees in the first place?

Blackhorse77 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    The SBA set a processing rate of 3.5 to 5 percent for the banks who process the loans. The bigger the loan, the smaller the processing %.

However, one doesn't need to be a Warren Buffet to figure out that it's more profitable to process big loans at 3.5% than hundreds of small loans at 5%.

Rideandrepair, Tug Toy and mp4694330 Thank this.
  11. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    I will apply for unemployment. Before, our unemployment office wasn’t serving owner operators. That changed yesterday or today. Keep checking within your state.
    I will apply for the PPP loan tomorrow as well. It might be a long line before it gets to me. Hopefully, there will be something left for me. Even if I don’t use it for the payroll I might pay off the truck or trailer, changing a much higher rate to 1%.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.