$10,000 EIDL GRANT

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 3, 2020.

1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I heard yesterday that the 3 day count doesn't start until they officially receive it. Right now all of the applications for the loans are sitting in limbo until they staff up and start processing them. Once they start processing your app "then" the 3 day clock starts. You have to learn to speak governease.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I applied 1st thing monday morning. Called to check on it after was assured 3 days I'll have an answer. Called yesterday they said they have no idea maybe 3-4 weeks

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    WARNING: Long Post

I filled out the PPP bank/sba application, provided to me by my local sba approved bank, this morning.

Since I already have an in with them, my current SBA truck loan (which they wrote) it seems to me that's a faster track to funding. They are authorized to cut the check as soon as they verify all of the relevant documentation.

I am really not asking for anything more than the average MONTHLY payroll costs x 2.5, which is how it's calculated.

He has already assured me that 6 mos of my truck payment loan through the SBA, will be written off through another side of the CARE Act. So, I'm okay with that at this point.

If the $10,000 EIDL loan I applied for online is actually funded in the interim, it appears that portion will be deducted from the amount received from the PPP funding, but I'm still waiting for clarification on that. However, as long as the PPP funding is used solely for the payroll costs, it's "forgiven".

EDIT: I just received back an email from my bank rep that the EIDL is SEPARATE from the Payroll Protection Plan!

Perhaps if I do receive the $10,000 I can justifiable apply that portion to "other" category on the application ;-)

How they can actually determine a person/entity is using that money for payroll is somewhat unclear to me.

Some of the details are still a little sketchy to be honest.

Because it's applicable to my me, this is what the bank did want from me:
    1. 2019 S-Corporation return
    2. 2019 1040 Tax return or documentable financial records
    3. Payroll summary for 2019
    4. Payroll summary for January 2020 to date
    5. Entity/Corporation filing documents
    6. Copy of Driver's License
    Note: If your situation is like mine filing as an employee of the S-Corp, it's important to be able to document all of the various sources of compensation you receive. That includes W-2, Per Diem, Shareholder Distributions. They also allow you to include health related premiums paid by the company.

I will reiterate what I've already stated, I am VERY skeptical about how the initial reporting of the $10,000 EIDL "GRANT/ADVANCE" was presented by the politicians, news media and so-called financial experts. Especially that "guaranteed 3 day" payment deal.

Perhaps I'm wrong. However, just what I had to provide for a simple PPP "forgivable loan" is enough to dissuade a lot of small business folks from moving forward.

Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  5. petrolK9

petrolK9 Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2019
    I haven't decided if I'm going to apply for it. I wasn't going to, but it might be more cost effective with the way rates are getting now.

I was leased on to a regional gas/petroleum company delivering fuel, additives, lubricants, all tanker. Sole Proprietor. I was usually out 2- 3 nights a week and the money was good. Now I have had almost no work for 3 weeks.

I do have enough savings to get by a couple of months but I don't want to burn all that up. If that EIDL Grant came through that would provide a nice cushion, especially, since it doesn't have to be paid back.

My truck loan is through Daimler and there is a message on their website about how they're there to help but I haven't called. If I don't get rolling soon I probably will. I was going to go back to refrigerated.

If I do go to apply for the PPP at my local bank, I'll come back and report what they ask for as far as documents for a sole proprietor/independent contractor. I hope they don't run credit, not because mine is bad, but I froze it some time ago and don't want the hassle of having to unfreeze it.

Rideandrepair and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    They will run your credit. From what I've read, they've lowered the normative FICO score requirements for funding. To what, I'm not sure.

7. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Wonder what happens if you hadn’t filed your 2019 return yet? Submit 2018 return?

Thanks for the update.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    EDIT: I just received back an email from my bank rep that the EIDL is SEPARATE from the Payroll Protection Plan!

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    The way my bank addressed that was if you don't have a copy of your 2019 return they need "an internally prepared financial statement(s)"

Rideandrepair and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    From what I'm hearing, most of the lenders will allow for a 6 month forbearance of payments, but the amount is just rolled onto the back side of the loan.

11. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Application.JPG

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.