10 hours not the issue

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Powder Joints, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I'm trying for 2 plus more years. At that point I will have 50 in...fingers crossed:)

Trucker61016, Bean Jr. and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    What I love about elogs is that it forced meat packers to get theyre act together.
    No more hanging out at a pack house all day and expected to run all night or 2 days straight.

4. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    So strange. Leave Starkville, MS, load of stock cattle to some feeder in IL. DH on to Waukesha, pick up a load of big Holsteins for (Hollywood) Miami, FL, get trailer scooped out and washed down, load boxed citrus (oranges-grapefruit-tangerines) to West Point, MS, DH 18 miles back to Starkville yard.

Only contact was if I was not where I was expected and some one call in.

Went to sale barn to load stockers, then on to Waukesha. Unloaded and rested me and load in Huntsville, AL, on to FL. Rep at Cross Country in Haines City would have us a load toward home by the time the trailer
    was clean. Everyone worked with everyone else to get everything done. All were flexible and life was good.
    To clarify: Fruit then was individually wrapped in paper and in wirebound wooden crates. Clean as if in a dry van with slats...

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'm guessing this was when waukesha was a small town west of Milwaukee?

6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Pay went up when elogs came out.

alds, Plantfoam and bryan21384 Thank this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I'd say overall it's better too, but I think it's more the company and their pristine ability to load planning.

Trucker61016 and alds Thank this.
  8. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  9. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    The problem is the 10 hour rule, You never saw drivers speeding around truck stop parking lots, or parking on the fuel island .Most drivers got more sleep, were less fatigue d on Paper.The driver should be able to determine how he wants to work. With the current HOS , you are awake, but can't drive, need to take a nap, but can't because ,you can't stop the clock. With the old HOS, you got more sleep, the loads were delivered on time. Fewer accident s. Drivers took more time off, Some drove, 8 hours, took a break. Some Drivers don't like driving at night, they don't.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Trucker61016, Mototom and Dennixx Thank this.
  10. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Actually.......Technology has neutered the entire population and allowed Big Brother to track every aspect of our lives. It will only get worse. Uneducated masses, (sheeple) is the goal. Easier to track and control. Just take a look around. The sheeple now outnumber rational, educated thinking human beings.

11. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Wherever it was 55 to 57.
    During 56-57. Two brothers had an order buying operation there. Dairies in FL ordered quantity of big Holsteins; just freshened, we truck down, MacArthur Dairies milk, then sell on to S American buyers.
    On occasion, they missed the freshen calculation and we got to deliver the delivery enroute.

Trucker61016 and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.