10 in El Paso

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by jon69, Jul 11, 2018.

1. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    need to take my 10 in El Paso tonight. First time through the area. Im going east on i10.

Which truck stop should I choose?

Thanks in advance,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Poonok

Poonok Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Il
    Get the app called truckers path. It will suggest all the nearest truck stops to you. Its easy to use as well.

4. Poonok

Poonok Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Il
    1295 Horizon Blvd., El Paso, TX, 79927 petro
    And theres a flying j and loves in that area. Now eat from the spoonfeed my man.

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Depends on when you're going through and when you will roll out. The Anthony truck stops aren't bad, but otherwise, you'll have to be happy with the trucks stops east of town at Horizon Blvd. Try and avoid passing through El Paso at rush hour. Their morning rush hour starts an hour or two later than most cities, but it's always advisable to try and avoid going between Anthony and Horizon City during peak drive time periods if you have a choice.

I personally will try and stay at the Anthony J if it works out okay timing wise.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Just cross over into Juarez and rest there. Very picturesque and safe city ;)

rabbiporkchop and IluvCATS Thank this.
  7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Exit 0 is Loves and Flying J on one side. I think a Peelot on the other side. On the other side of town exit 37 has a Petro on one side and a Loves and Flying J on the other side.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Petro. Without question. Epic breakfast buffet with hands on omlett chef, and all kinds of Mexican spicy stuff.

rabbiporkchop, austinmike and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I usually run El Paso at night entirely where possible and wait until at least Lordsburg westbound.

Eastbound, that was not a stop for us at all. I don't think we spent a dime in our life time in that particular city.

I have no current knowledge of the shootings and killings going on down there. It's been since 2001. At that time rounds fired sometimes crossed over into the American Side hurting people.

Because of that thinking, El Paso does not exist to us. It's useful as a military post for 3rd calvary and other things and that's about it.

The Rush traffic is epic. You don't want it.

jsnell and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    all I remember aboot el paso, was a horrendous dust storm. Horrendous. Got out to fuel and it was cold. Cold and sand blowing aboot 40 mph. :eek:

x1Heavy and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Had one near Phoenix come off a storm. That was my first and only sand storm. It got into everything. No wonder the Middle East is in a constant state of rage... (SARCASM....)

What I hate and fear is the total winter white outs up north where God uses a white spray paint can on all the windows to make sure you do not even see the freaking wipers while the wind shrieks and scours the paint right off that tractor. What with the ice particles etc coming off the mountain range.

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.