10 meter radio question

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by L.B., Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Sorry there little buddy but your cow wagon is full of it!
    Your attempts at the propagation and or the continuance there of,that instill unwarranted public fear with the diluted contents(Invalid Legal Authority) of an Urban Legend just slipped and busted its asset's !

Off The Key !

K7DFA Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Sorry, but it is YOU that is wrong! Google this law: US Statutes. PL-106-521. 'CB Radio, Local Enforcement Ordinances". Signed by Clinton in 2000. What this does is give local authorities the ability to go after CB OPERATORS who create interference and problems to consumer electronics. The local city, county, or state government , using FCC's guidance, can pass a local enabling ordinance and allow their LEO's to fine, seize, remove, ticket outlaw CB operators. LICENSED RADIO SERVICES SUCH AS AMATEUR AND COMMERCIAL RADIO STATIONS ARE EXEMPT FROM LOCAL ENFORCEMENT! :yes2557: A number of cities and even states have taken advantage of this law. (North Carolina is one of them)

So, absolutely! You start creating a problem with your "big bad reddio" and the local authorities most certainly CAN come after you so long as they have passed the enabling ordinance. :biggrin_25525: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! NANA NANA BOO BOO! :biggrin_25526:

Gadfly

K7DFA Thanks this.
  4. birddog1

birddog1 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2009
    locust nc
    I quess you hammers are worse than a 1st grader telling on people. Most of the truckers that use export radios don't try to interfere with the hams but you crybabies can't seem to leave us alone. My neighbor was a ham for many years and his base used to mess our tv and phones up but we never told the authorities on him. Gadfly it's people like you that cause all these problems, maybe I'll cross your path one day and give you a chance to ratt on me too. Don't fret though, I always carry my hall pass with me so I don't get in trouble.:biggrin_2555:

K7DFA and Rat Thank this.
  5. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

The best thing we can all do is to ignore Gadfly as the easiest way to deal with a troll is too not feed it.

lv gn and K7DFA Thank this.
  6. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Not that I give a rat what people run in there trucks....

This is FALSE! They are only referred to as Export Radios because its how they get around the legal loop hole to sell them here. CB's overseas in Europe use a VHF/UHF FM CB system, and have for years.

K7DFA Thanks this.
  7. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Guess were that idea came from? Look up Echolink or IRLP, maybe DSTAR. Its almost like the great new "PACTOR" system that my destroyer had put in when I was in the Navy around 04'ish. Its all new and great when everyone else catches up. Can anyone say "Cellphones"?

K7DFA Thanks this.
  8. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    And a land of laws... but who is really counting. I'm with ya, lets only follow the ones we like.

K7DFA Thanks this.
  9. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Your Happy Meal is missing a more then just a few fries fella.
    The Law you quote is legit,problem is you fail to mention the FACT
    there have been NO,ZERO,ZIP,NADA Prosecutions under said Law.(unless my data is dated and I missed an instance,apology will be extended if such proof is presented)
    Two cases in 9 YEARS both involving BASE RADIOS and BOTH CASES DISMISSED !!

Just because "A LAW" was passed every Local City,County and State Enforcement Agency lined up the "funding" for "Training","Equipment" and reassignment duties to accommodate said enforcements ?The Unprecedented Revenue Potential had them running like lemmings.

quote:
    A number of cities and even states have taken advantage of this law. (North Carolina is one of them)

Support these claims ?
    Key words: cities,states both plural references /descriptions per context.
    Key Word: Advantage,used in "taken advantage of this law"

The full read on US Statutes.PL-106-521
    http://bulk.resource.org/gpo.gov/laws/106/publ521.106.txt

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
    K7DFA Thanks this.
  10. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    I don't know much about the laws but I've been talking with tower crane operators for years with my 99 galaxy and they use similar radios with long antenna's and high powered texas star kickers. I haven't been in any kind of trouble or heard of anyone else getting into trouble. I've been talking with them for years.

K7DFA Thanks this.
  11. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    I still don't understand why its all of a sudden ok to break the law as long as you don't get caught or no one you know has got caught. I understand you might think its a silly law, but what I find laughable is not a law about CB and Imports, but the fact that because others merely state that its against the law and try to educate that fact, that THEY are the crazy ones, if not idiots. I have stated more then once, that the only thing I don't appriciate is when I get hammered by unlicensed CBers in the 10M band that are causing interfearnce to my opreations that I worked to take the steps to be legal and enjoy the hobby. I will concede that there are some areas of the band in between that are highly under used, and that (with higher manufacturing codes that making it legal would bring) 4 watts and distance of communication restrictions are a bit silly. But instead of resorting to trashing people that follow and respect the laws, why not write your congressman to petition change? Do you honestly argue with a trooper when he pulls you over for speeding by saying you should not have to pay the ticket becouse you have done it for years, your friends have done it for years, and its just a stupid law? I just dont understand this arguement of: I do it, I have not got caught, so its not breaking the law.

K7DFA Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.