10 rules to be a (Good) Schneider Driver

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Akwilson, Jun 15, 2018.

1. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Lucky you lol.
    My experience had been the opposite.

Woodys Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Akwilson

Akwilson Bobtail Member

May 6, 2018
    This is the point of this... to try and reach out to other Orange drivers to get them to be mindful. I am embarrassed by some of my fellow company drivers at times. If this helps 1 of them be less "entitled to the road" then I did my job.

RET423 and Truckermania Thank this.
  4. icecold24k

icecold24k Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Tullahoma, Tennessee
    Prime driver here... Can confirm...

Woodys and driverdriver Thank this.
  5. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    I rarely see a prime out in the middle lane and the good thing about prime you can see them about a half mile away so you can get over to pass .... seems like Schneider has figured out that the resale value isn't good on orange tractors never see them anymore

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  6. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I used to have a regular run from milwaukee to chicagoland. That stretch of I-94 south of milwaukee is rife with schneiders (especially intermodals), and they always camp out in the middle. As for prime, i would agree with @Woodys. As slow as they are, in my experience they usually stay to the right and are for the most part pretty respectful drivers. As much as anyone else is anyway. But it is late, it has been a long day... maybe i am delirious.

7. Poonok

Poonok Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2018
    Il
    I drove for schneider and i would sit in the middle lane in chicago and other poopy areas with bad mergings. It's just too dangerous to stay on the right as a slower truck. Cars aren't the best of drivers.

8. NewbiusErectus

NewbiusErectus Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I always thought chitown had the best get-on ramp mergers in the country.

Anywhere else, I always fantasize about sending people to Chicago for a few weeks to learn how to merge .. they'll either be dead , or they'll learn how to use a brake and gas pedal

9. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    was on 294 on a Sunday afternoon very light traffic came up to a sign left lane closed ahead and it was like they put a magnet there as about half of the 4 wheelers went over to the left lane ... that's Chicago

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I think it would go A LOT better for Schneider if they stayed at like I-10 and below, and east of I-39.

Cause they are hands down the worst, period, gold medal, first place prize for worst, when they get on anything bigger than a gopher mound.

What does "Drive orange mean?"

11. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    They make good food. Whenever I take in a load of fuel I get some lunch or breakfast.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.