1099 for employment verification

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sauirm256, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    Federal regulations require a trucking company to verify the last three years of employment for a non CDL worker. It's a bit tough when you can't do that.

Sauirm256 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    True, but what happens when you say you just weren't working?
    You can get a cdl at age 18, heck many guys now don't get their first job till they are in their late 20's.
    When there is nothing to verify, how do they work it?

Sauirm256 Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    When I came into trucking, I had not had a legal job in 3 years. Just some under the table work so I said I was self employed when I felt like working. All I had to do was to provide contact info for someone who could verify this.

5. Sauirm256

Sauirm256 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2019
    I'm still applying and applying some more. Hopefully I'll have luck finding a company that will accept other documents or contact info like you stated.

6. Sauirm256

Sauirm256 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2019
    BTW, that's Wilson Logistics response.

Attached Files:

7. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Think about, I see drivers from all over the world, that can not even speak english, do you really think companies are verifying their employment with isis?

Sauirm256 Thanks this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    find a new employer, screw that company..better yet, go out and get a real job today, and start working for about a year, and get paid with taxes taken out....then try this again, with another employer

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try R. E. West Transportation: cdl school is free and no contract to sign.
    No Experience? No problem! — R. E. West Transportation
    https://www.rewest.com/no-experience-no-problem
    If you need your CDL...
    So you've done your research and decided that becoming a professional truck driver is your next career move. Don't go into debt to get your CDL! We are here to offer you not only a fully fledged and highly successful training program, but also a JOB. R. E. West will PAY YOU to get your CDL and become a driver for our company. We don't make you sign a contract; we don't send you to someone else's school then make you worry about tuition reimbursement. We bring you to our facility in Ashland City, TN and train you from the ground up on the skills necessary to obtain your CDL.
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

Sauirm256 Thanks this.
  10. Sauirm256

Sauirm256 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2019
    You are on it Chinatown. I appreciate all of your help and support!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Be careful about telling the world you worked under the table.

Meanwhile, get your CDL and go to the nearest gravel pit or quarry and ask who goes thru the most drivers. Thats the one thatll take you right then n there, a dumptruck outfit. It'll suck, but work for them a month and move on. The next better place will then take you.

These are tiny operations that stay close to base, and dont have logbooks or crazy insurance requirements. Just show up in steeltoes with your license and medical card ready to work. Theyre not gonna ask about your work history, pee test at worst.

This will knock out having an income, having a work history, having a w2/1099 and having CDL experience all at once. Then you can go find your real job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.