11 international maxxforce dt no start

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Al8429, Sep 10, 2019.

1. avgdzlmekanic

avgdzlmekanic Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2019
    SoCal
    What do you mean by double checking my valve set? Do you mean by checking my valve lash on the rocker arms?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Yes, valve lash.

4. avgdzlmekanic

Jun 8, 2019
    SoCal
    I haven't double checked it, but how bad does it have to be off in order for it not to start?

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    We are have to start thinking outside of the box at this point and looking in other directions here. To be honest, I don't know, but it's something to check since it was apart.

avgdzlmekanic Thanks this.
  6. avgdzlmekanic

Jun 8, 2019
    SoCal
    Ok sweet. Will do.

Out of curiosity, is there anyway that I could be adjusted the valves backwards. As in backwards, I mean like Maybe I got the TDC wrong for the 1&6 cylinders?

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Anything is possible. The dampener may have been remove before and installed without lining up the dowel pin which will throw off your TDC marking. You can always double check you are adjusting the right cylinder by watching for valve overlap on the mating cylinder, like #1 intake and exhaust are overlapping, you know both valves should be closed for #6 and so on.

avgdzlmekanic Thanks this.
  8. avgdzlmekanic

Jun 8, 2019
    SoCal
    So I wanted to give an update on this thread so I don't leave people hanging... I ended sending this tractor out to the dealer to have them look at it. It came back that there wasn't sufficient compression coming from a couple of cylinders. So they removed the head and found that the cylinders were "washed" and they needed to do an in-frame job on it. It was an older tractor for our company so it was put out of service and the work was never done. Thanks for the help HeavyD!

Heavyd, nikmirbre and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.