12.7 questions

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Wanabe1, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Wanabe1

Wanabe1 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2019
    But I do think it is about time for the valve cover to be coming off. Going to look for my buddy. This could be an all day job.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    It takes very little time to pull the valve cover. That should of been one of the first things you did.

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
  5. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Key on and hold override/ chk button, count flashes. Red - active. Yellow - stored ( old codes)

6. Wanabe1

Jun 17, 2019
    Ya. I was looking for a fella but I can tell that is a lost cause till maybe tonight. I found this book thing on my phone. Looks like it is pretty informative about codes. I am going to print it in town right now.

7. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    My Truck was running when injector( s) went bad. I could see exhaust manifold was soaked with fuel around # 5. I guessed it was the bad one. Second time fuel was squirting out of selinoid on # 1, very obvious with valve cover off. I’ve never had an injector harness problem. Just straightened everything up and put new zip ties on. I would imagine a test light would show power to selinoids. Either constant or as a signal while cranking. I don’t know proper procedure. Like I said, not very good with electrical. But I’m sure there are specs on proper ohms and resistance, or whatever. If your good with a volt meter. I’m not. Must have a broken wire or bad pin connection somewhere. If I had to, I’d guess there’s no power to the injector harness at all. If it were only 1 bad wire, it would still run on 5. I wouldn’t be surprised if it would run on less, even 2. But I honestly have no idea. Just my thoughts.

8. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
  9. Wanabe1

Jun 17, 2019
    Ya. Lol unless you ain't never done it. Looks like I will be experiencing the baptism and can't run my buddy down so I guess I will be doing it alone and with you all and referencing what I can from print and my phone.

10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Schematics @ powerlinecomponents.com

11. lwlevens

lwlevens Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Did the truck just quit on you? Did you do anything to the truck other than change out the fuel pump?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.