13 speed shift knob air lines

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by W Bench Farms, Jan 7, 2022.

1. W Bench Farms

W Bench Farms Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Ends up they shipped me an 8LL. %#$#. They're going to swap it out with a 16913 as soon as they can. On the bright side, all the bolts will be easier to get out, and it did run good. My only concern now is if I will have to have my driveline done AGAIN for the difference in length.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Length is also listed on the Eaton Roadranger transmission ratio list. They are about the same on those series of transmissions. As long as one does not have an odd short yoke and the other an odd long yoke you should be good.

4. BoxCarKidd

Aug 26, 2014
    X top gives them a standard shift pattern.

5. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    That’s a simple deal, see if they will pay for the driveline to be recut. As @BoxCarKidd said they are usually close enough. However I do things on mine that I wouldn’t for a customer. If it bites me well no one to blame but me.

I went from a RTO16715 to an RTLO18918B. The 13 and 18 are a touch shorter than a 15. Anyway it worked out I could flip my carrier bearing bracket to face front instead of rear and let the slip yoke take up the slack.

6. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    No they don't.....just the one's the special kind of stupid drivers refer to as ....DOUBLE OVERDRIVE....
    lmao
    My daily driver has a 15 speed that is against the dash .. but it's not that special one those idiots have

wore out and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    My project has a 15 with it against the dash. Transmission is an RTX but the top cover was switched to an RTO to match the pattern sticker on the dash. Back box only has deep reduction, low range and high range, which is direct. Only OD is in the main.

Last Call Thanks this.
  8. BoxCarKidd

Aug 26, 2014
    I believe a 14715 and up used the combination housing you show. The 14615 and down had air shift cylinders on both sides of the rear box. Not trying to sling mud here. Just going back to there are many possibilities. I have put some 13 speed back boxes on 10 speeds. Just have to have the correct aux gear to make a mongoloid work. Guy at the salvage yard would not have a clue when one of these come in. Tag or no tag.

Oxbow, wore out and AModelCat Thank this.
  9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The main box on the RTX/RTO-15615 is the same as a 15610. Can definitely see a mixup happening if someone was to make a 10 speed a 15 speed or vice versa.

Oxbow and BoxCarKidd Thank this.
  10. BoxCarKidd

Aug 26, 2014
    KIMG2006.jpg
    Guess I am special kind of stupid? Some type of things seem drawn to me. KIMG0053.JPG That is a 12V71. We welded a rear mount in order to run after rear main seal replacement. Major deal to R & R generator.
    KIMG2006.jpg V8 Mercedes. Seized injectors was enough.
    KIMG0196.JPG Triple Nickle Cummins. Bad head gasket.
    KIMG0440.JPG Mack with a Cat. Dealer can say it came with a Cat. Other than that they cannot help and the tag is missing. It is a 13 speed and high gear on the stick is toward the dash. Does that not make it a double over? Road speed calculator says if we can get the B model to 2150 this rag will be rolling 112 MPH.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  11. BoxCarKidd

Aug 26, 2014
    bjytech: You had some good points that I did not know. Thank you. Fullers have so many possibilities I always say maybe and never say always. I am never wrong that way.
    I had to get out of that last post. It was exceeding my abilities and feared loosing it all before I brought it together at the end.
    Thanks to all of you that share! I joined this sight in order to learn.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.