$1378 log book AZ

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by trukluvr, Aug 17, 2007.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    That's kind of cute.

In answer to your question, no I haven't. A good attorney will tell you whether or not it is worth fighting, I'm thinking it may not. Lawyers need to be paid whether you win or lose, I am of the opinion now, after having been through a few things, that every ticket that is of consequence needs to be reviewed by counsel before you admit to anything. I haven't driven a truck in Arizona, closest I have been is Utah, once. The lawyer that Interstate would assign would be familiar with Arizona and able to practice there, negotiate is a better term for what they do initially. OOIDA would probably be about the same.

Non Moving are not as bad as moving violations, most employers say tsk tsk and hire you anyway. If you don't respond, the state of Arizona will move to revoke your husband's license, which will cause some companies to not hire him for varying periods of time, and he will be out of work anywhere, legally, until his license is reinstated, you don't want that to happen, because if his license is revoked, they won't work with you on paying the fine. Indiana got me because they wouldn't take a check and wouldn't use a credit card and even though I paid it a month before the revocation, they held that fact from Iowa until the day before, so my license was revoked for non payment even though it was paid and the donuts they bought with it long gone. Now there are companies that won't hire me because of that, and a certain large insurance company used it to enforce black listing me.

Negotiation is the first thing an attorney will try to do for you once they figure out what is going on. They seek relief for you from the legal system. Most of the time if something is negotiated, you don't have to appear, and plead to a lesser offense with less points or no points and that is that. I don't know if you have much of a case, particularly not in Arizona, but the fines are very steep, so it is worth asking someone with knowhow to check for you. Initial consultation may be free or may be low cost, going from there depending on what you decide.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trukluvr

trukluvr Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Carson, CA
    Uggghhhh.... So, either way it sounds like AZ will be giggling all the way to the bank while I'll be eating beans outta the can for awhile.

I'll have to see if AZ has payment plans for our total. I'm hoping perhaps a grand would be knocked off. Wishful thinking huh? And we'll have to see what the lawyer will want as payment for representation.

Thanks for your input. Will keep thread updated as we continue this wonderful adventure to a final and dreaded conclusion.

Sophia

4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

NE told me they wouldn't take a personal check. I sent them one any way.

Guess what........... they cashed it.

5. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Interstate Trucker is still fighting a ticket for my hubby here in CA, and it has been nearly 2 years. Yes, it is a log issue. He was ordered to leave the Port of Oakland or he would be arrested for tresspassing, and he was right AT hours. I don't know how much good it will do in the end, but she HAS got the judge to actually go out to the Port and see all the "No parking" signs for himself! She has got the judge to go out and see how little truck parking there is in the Bay area.... We may or may not win this case, but you know what?? One judge has seen a few things for himself! And if that ever helps anyone else, I will feel like our $300 was well spent!

Bonnie

6. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    its a 1000 in maine for over 70,14 and 11,with the drivers lawyer deal its 750,my son got caught a couple years ago..It is gonna be raised after sept if all of it goes into affect.

7. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    IN won't, they could have had the money 5 weeks sooner if they had. Any CDL ticket has to go before a judge to set the amount or it would have been paid as well, MN just started doing that as well, donuts just seem to cost more and more these days:biggrin_25522:.

Something fishy going on in Iowa, too, my wife paid her fines much sooner than that but they were going to suspend her license for a $46 fine in DE for a light pole that just fell over on her trailer without even being hit. The county treasurer wouldn't issue a change of residence license until that was straightened out, DE sent us a copy that it had been paid as well. It took three calls or more to Des Moines plus a trip down there to keep those idiots from suspending her license. I Ought've Went Around; IOWA

8. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Even if he ran local for 50 years without a log book a d then took a road trip requiring a log books usage he is responsible for listing the on duty /driving time for the previous 7 days to account his work hours.
    You can't just start and 'tell' them " I am generally a local driver".

9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Wow. An 8 year old thread.....

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  10. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Ha! Insomnia... doing some serious surfing !

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.