14/7 hometime plus

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by uofm78, Jul 28, 2011.

1. MikeJones90

MikeJones90 Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Macon, GA
    Unsafe as well as impractical. I live about 3 hrs away and that's pushing it. As for making a living, I know people with families that get by with minimum wage jobs, it just depends on what quality of life you're after. You can average 2400 a month, I don't have any kids so I just stay with friends when I'm home and save that 500 a month. If I can run those miles it's plenty of money

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MONGOOSE

MONGOOSE Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Smithville MO
    I was told that or a Roehl parking lot.

4. paoldschool

paoldschool Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    Yes they do switch out at drop yards also.

5. uofm78

uofm78 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2011
    muskegon, MI
    Thanks mike, that was what I was thinking and if I am going to loose two out of three weeks with my kids it was not going to worth it. So that is why I changed to the national flatbed for right now.

6. notezbngrn71

notezbngrn71 Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    So this has been a first at Roehl. I usually go to the yard the night before I launch, reload and sleep in the truck. I get there yesterday only to learn that my truck isn't back yet and they don't have one for me. So I drive the hour back home and I sit and wait.

Call today and I'm told they still don't have a truck for me. Dispatch says they'll call be by the end of the day around 6pm, which is 7pm my time.

Thinking I should demand that I'm paid for today since its not my fault they screwed up.

7. paoldschool

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    Good luck with that... Don't you communitcate with your truck mates? Most people that are on hometime fleets do call the next guy and let them know when they will be in, so they can pass the truck to the next guy... I know some don't, but why let the truck sit idle when you could be out making money.

8. notezbngrn71

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    I don't have a truck mate. They loaned my truck out to another driver while I was on home time.

9. paoldschool

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    That sucks... So you are left just hanging waiting for the other driver to get back... Somebody got some explaining to do...

10. notezbngrn71

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    Yeah, not happy. Just got off the phone with dispatch. My truck is not due back in yard till tomorrow, so home another night. There is a note on the truck that the driver is suppose to change out to his original truck tomorrow.

My FM never called me back today so he said that means they don't expect me to launch tomorrow. He told me to call my FM in the morning.

Losing two days that I will demand they pay me for since I have to be back in the yard on time since we'll have a third driver on the fleet at that time.

When I was at the terminal yesterday, there were not as many trucks on the home time plus row as there usual. I'm sure this is due to the volume of trucks sold recently. However, I don't understand why I haven't seen any of the new trucks on the home time fleet yet? I've asked this question and still haven't received an answer. Apparently, the home time fleet makes the company the most money because the trucks are moving more so why are there no new trucks?

11. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Try to get that extra key for your truck so they don't have one at the yard. :) when I did 7/7 I didn't have a partner. They didn't have a copy of my key and wanted to use my truck. My FM got on me for the shop not having a copy. I was like, how could I know that 1, and 2 even so how is that remotely my fault that they don't have a key?

notezbngrn71 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.