$15 For a Shower?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by snowbird_89, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Now some people might say well I don't want to buy fuel every night to get a free shower or I don't want to buy fuel in a high fuel tax or pump price state just to get a free shower. I hear that but at the same time the fuel taxes wash out at the end of the quarter with an IRP registration anyway based on the miles driven in each state and you'll either owe or get a refund accordingly on the fuel tax. A high pump price state will basically be offset by the free shower if you buy only 50 gallons. The only way you win there is by deciding not to take a shower at all, which never seemed like a bargain to me.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Even with fuel you arent getting a free shower everytime you need one.

My last shower I paid for at a TA because no points, I dont get to fuel at TA very often but Loves parking was a no go. Even at Loves I dont always have a shower credit. Maybe my partner got the fuel. I use my points for showers at Loves if I am lucky enough to get a spot at one.

Otherwise, its 15.00 or no shower. Occassionally, I can get a free shower if there is no hot water.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Do yall have issues getting fuel at the Sapp pumps? Seems like everytime I get fuel there it turns into a hour long drama. One time I was there 4 hours, not exaggerating. They had to call their HQ and do a lot of BS on the phone, over and over

5. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Yes, especially the one in Peru, Illinois and Junction City, Kansas. SLC is hit and miss.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. geordi

geordi Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Pilot / Flying J are the only ones that do a 1/2 credit for smaller fuel-up of diesel, anything of 14 gallons to 49 gallons is a half credit and a 10 day expiration.
    Loves is 50 gallons for a shower and a drink, don't know about the expiration. Best discount on the fuel at Loves, but PFJ recently changed theirs on my fleet card and is almost as good. I prefer PFJ usually, but fuel price savings.... yeah.
    TA... Charges too dang much for the fuel! They want 60 gallons OR $14, but the shower was nicer than the Pilots.

7. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Just shower once during your 34, and change your wife beater and sweatpants at the same time! Money in the bank.

feldsforever Thanks this.
  8. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    How did you. Get running water. Please elaborate? Thanks!

MericanMade Thanks this.
  9. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    I wouldn’t let my feet touch a public shower floor even if they scrubbed it with bleach. Dedicated shower flip-flops.:)

10. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    I've never know about the free drink

11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    $15 to shower, $15 to park.....you're only $15 away from a cheap motel room.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.