16mph over in Cali

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Trucker42BC, Aug 17, 2022.

1. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    That's funny... I was from TN stationed in VA.

Make sure that the new vehicle is reported to the city/county assessor as out of state, or they are gonna want to see those tax dollars.

In 2001, I bought a new vehicle from a dealer in Newport News. I took it that weekend (a 4-day) back to TN and registered it there. A year later, I got pulled over for the expired inspection sticker that I never removed. A couple months after that, I got a delinquent PPT notice from the city demanding their money. I had to prove to them that I registered it out of state, that I was stationed there, and my wife was still in the service at the time of purchase.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    When I had to give up driving I took my tags to the city office and turned them in. Then took the vehicle and parked it. Later when I no longer owned it I went back and showed them a copy of the BOS and they removed it. More than likely once they get the vehicle titled in that state they will bring back a copy of the new title to show it's been removed along with the tags. Keri left early Sunday morning and headed for another trip to London. She has an appt with an OB-GYN to make verify that home test. Still looks like early April according to her. I do think aunt Matilda being 6 weeks late is a good sign of -----

[​IMG]

4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    @TROOPER to TRUCKER

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If everything went smooth I never had a problem reducing the ticket to the next speed down which would be 10 over.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.