'19 5700XE Trip Odometer Reset

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by MicksRule, Feb 27, 2019.

1. MicksRule

MicksRule Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    I just picked this truck up a couple weeks ago. It's at my local Diamler shop now for various qc issues and a brake recall.

The problem they can't figure out is both the trip and leg odometers reset on there own and at the same time. I get the not figuring it out part and parts probably won't be tossed just to try out. There are also no TSB's for this problem.

I would kind of expect the leg to do this every time you shut the truck off and restart it, but the trip is also resetting on its own. It happens every 1-3 times I start the truck. Anyone else having this issue that may have actually had it repaired?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Confused

Confused Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2009
    somewhere else
    My 2019 5700 does exactly the same thing.
    If It wasn't for the ELD doing my state mileage I would be seeing if there is a fix for it, but not to concerned about it.

4. MicksRule

MicksRule Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Apple Valley, CA
    I like it for keeping an eye on fuel economy and tracking gallons used between fills.

5. MULTI

MULTI Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2021
    DID YOU GET IT FIGURED OUT
    OMAHA TRUCK CENTER SAID IT WAS THE ICU CAUSING THE PROBLEM BUT AFTER REPLACING IT IT STILL DOES IT AND THEY WONT STAND UP AND ADMIT THAT THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WONT REFUND MY MONEY YET THEY ARE THE ONES THAT MISDIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM AND EXPECT ME TO FOOT THE BILL

jason6541 Thanks this.
  6. MULTI

MULTI Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2021

7. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Truck centers in Omaha are crooks. I live in Omaha and have 3 western star trucks 5700’s. I get better service from dealer in Lincoln or CB. Same parent company.
    Mine did what was mentioned above as well as clock snd compass it was the ICU module in mine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.