$1900 Tow Bill

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Interstateskater, Feb 13, 2019.

1. ast26909

ast26909 Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Whoever caused the problem pays to fix it, if people are not held responsible for their actions some will never learn. Just because an employee works for a company doesn't mean the employee can cause whatever damage and walk away.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    I have a hard time agreeing with that, there are things a driver should pay no doubt. Pointless overloads, out of service fines because of not caring sure. But this is part of the risk of having trucks, sad but true. You wanna charge me for damage I want in on the profit.

4. ed42074

ed42074 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2007
    malta,mt
    The wages belong to the employee, if the employer wants to with hold them they have to go through the court system. The state board of labor makes short work of companies trying make employees pay for mistakes.

special-k, cke, Tug Toy and 8 others Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is one thing that is never taught to employees. Ive paid damaged tires for example if I wanted to keep the job.

Nothing at all was said anywhere about the Labor Board or whatever equivalent Maryland might have back home in those days. Lose 200 dollars, junk the damaged tire and make 5 times that back in two weeks time. easy enough.

That's why my position is pretty basic, the driver did not wait to start the turn until he was sure that the 18 wheeler will not fall into the ditch, and had a nice pavement and wide to get the party started further up.

Mack E6 said something very important. That trailer has frames and if they are twisted which I suspect they might pretty sure then it's totaled. I don't know the retail value of another replacement trailer but I think it's deep enough, twisted enough under a heavy load strong enough to twist the #### thing.

Not to mention further along those beams. I almost cannot wait to unload the beams on a flat surface and see if they are also twisted. If so, scrap em and order up another batch.

IF the load is lost in addition to a totaled truck and trailer... well it is a very good chance this driver will not be hireable for a good while, if ever again.

jamespmack Thanks this.
  6. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    They may try, but one call to the state labor board or worse a lawyer, and the company will be wishing they just fired him.

special-k, Tug Toy and jamespmack Thank this.
  7. Expeditor

Expeditor Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2018
    jamespmack, Tombstone69 and ZVar Thank this.
  8. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    If the truck in question was driven by an employee- as the employer I wouldn’t dream of charging that employee back. I’d be paying for the tow, and my plane ticket and local taxi; as well as the drivers taxi to the airport.

Be cheaper than keeping that person as an employee long term for sure.

Ain’t right to charge back a driver for such a thing. Ain’t right to keep one on that puts themselves in such a position either. #### happens they say. Lot more #### happens to folks that are stupid from what I’ve seen in this life.

9. ast26909

Mar 1, 2018
    The profit is your pay you are sharing the company profit in your pay, so you can have a job.

RollinThunderVet and jamespmack Thank this.
  10. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    And the risk of equipment getting torn up is that of the owner.

11. ast26909

Mar 1, 2018
    Nope, this was caused by operator error. Did the owner tell this driver to drive into a ditch?

drvrtech77 and jamespmack Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.