1980 K100 Cabover Project/daily runner

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Adisiwaya, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    image.jpg
    Your best judgement determines which parts can be reused. Not much info in my manual

Grubby, Oldironfan and Adisiwaya Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Adisiwaya

Adisiwaya Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2017
    received_10208962156244638.jpeg Been a while since I posted been really busy at work and home haven't had chance to work on the truck much. I put new fuel tank level sender in with my brother's help. Touched up the paint some more. Got the new LED turn signals on the front, boy tight space and a pain in the ### took me 6.5 hours... I have a guy coming out this Saturday to weld my frame to fix it correctly and put plate over the front side. One step closer to get the truck done. I'm not going do anything with speedometer I'm just going use GPS... Tachometer I'm going attempt to fix that as bell housing hole is stripped out. I have my shop making me new hydro hoses as there going charge me 20$ Vs 79$ a hose at the local hydro place... Going order new coolant hoses probably 150 foot roll and also 150 get of air line hoses as some are lil too dry rotted.... Been busy

Not sure why all my photos say there too large to upload

Grubby Thanks this.
  4. Adisiwaya

Mar 25, 2017

That's quick video of the lights

Grubby and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  5. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Props to you for keeping it all original. The led light ain’t no big deal. But you kept the signal stat style.

Grubby, Oxbow and Adisiwaya Thank this.
  6. Adisiwaya

Mar 25, 2017

Trying to update it but keep it looking original I don't want it to loose it's old school look. I'm getting my hydraulic hoses from work today. (20$ a piece Vs 79$) slowly but surely

John A., Grubby, Oxbow and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. nonsense007

nonsense007 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Reidland, Kentucky
    Need help please. I got a 1985 Kenworth K100e, and it will start with spraying starting fluid in the exhaust pipe. But it will only run for 1-2 mins, how do I keep it running? Been taking out the fuel filter and filling it up each time, and I’ve replaced it a couple times, went thru 8 cans of starting fluid in less than a day, any advice what else I can do ?

8. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    8 cans .......in the exhaust?

Please share what engine it has.

OLDSKOOLERnWV and IH Truck Guy Thank this.
  9. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Yes, that would be a good starting point is knowing what’s between the frame rails….

Oxbow Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.