1987 359 Classic #45 Forsale

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by jr-transport, May 7, 2011.

1. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    times 2:biggrin_25520:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Scores better EMISSIONS ? Whats that BLACK stuff coming out of the stacks ?:biggrin_2554:

4. jr-transport

jr-transport Light Load Member

the score the MTO uses says this one is better than my '05. my 05 doesnt smoke.
    more proof that DRIVE CLEAN and other "clean air" programs are a crock.

5. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    you can love old trucks all you want. this is number 93, it has been torn down to nothing and restored down to every nut and bolt. It was also made into an air ride cab using all the original bracketry from an ultracab, all the structure disassembled and rebuilt the only proper way to do it. it's the sharpest truck you will ever see. When I talked to him just after it was done he offered to sell it to me for less they you want for that thing

[​IMG]

RW., Strider, V8SuperDog and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    I needed a good laugh...................................... Thanks!

Hey I know a guy who has an 84 or 86 359 ext hood for sale completely restored several years ago. Hasn't even been driven that much. He's only wanting 17k for it.

7. jr-transport

'spose we will keep ours for a while then.

That no. 93 is a good lookin rig, but cant help but notice- the 359 Classic badge is missing.
    might have fallen off or been removed tho, and replacements are hard to find.

Les2- if he only wants 17 for a COMPLETELY restored 359 exhd you should buy it. Mind you i have my doubts on how completely restored it is...for that price anyway.

8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA

For a 20 yr. old truck? That even after rebuilt, has been pulling heavy, heavy loads (presumed from the ratio)? Only person who's gonna jump on that is a collector. I'm a working fella. You wanna sell to a working fella, you need to get a bit more realistic.

9. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    I know the truck and the owner and yes its been done, more than once. He is anal about everything on it, or he used to be. The trucks been sitting for a long time.

Me own it....LOL. We all know why Pete's are still made and I'm heterosexual!....LMAO

10. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    It doesn`t take long to run up a big tab when you`re fixing things right with new parts.Nobody will give you what you`ve spent unless they have tried to restore one themselves.

jr-transport Thanks this.
  11. jr-transport

hasnt been hauling particularly heavy loads; a few 140-150 000lb loads but nothing serious since the new shafts and diffs.
    people dont seem to apreciate the fact that old trucks were built to last-more durable and powerful than newer trucks. those old 359 cause us less headache than our 379s
    now for those who insist on calling us crazy.......you are definatley right; sane people get office jobs, so I get the point, simmer down. I'm sure that it is (at least partilly) good humoured. you have all made your point that you wouldnt buy our truck; I get it. you tell me what you would be asking for this truck....but only if you have experience doing this before, none of this "my buddy has a cousin who knew a guy who did it" stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.