1996 Volvo D12 wia

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by aron12, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    Yep, process in progress)

Volvo wont supporting D12A.

I tried VoCom and Nexiq with later D12B, it works but with many bugs and errors. With D12A - not.

But nexiq easily works with D12D and later trucks, like Deaborn DPA5 works well with Euro-6 trucks too.

The problem only with D12A and with Bosch M7 controlled engined like TD123.

benglebrick Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brian's Transport

Brian's Transport Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Tried to get books on the d-12 from Volvo so I can study myself. No luck. But I have gotten better at taken care of the truck. Even though it makes me made at break down I still like the truck. The big straight 6 will turn heads when people look at it. Kept clean and painted to look good. I haul containers in and out of the port of Balt.

4. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    If u have D12B u can use diagrams from d12C. They share ECMs, but software is a bit different, becouse D12C got fuel pressure and oil pressure and temperature sensors. They were not used on D12A

5. benglebrick

benglebrick Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2015
    california

Sir Pablo - Did you ever finish making that interface. I would love to buy that from you. That d12a I am working on will start up and idle but has no throttle. Replaced tps and still same. The owner took computer down to get checked - They said it checked fine but now after I re-installed computer it is giving me a code 22. I need to be able to interface with the computer.

6. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    hello

I finished one more on test board. But I wanna make one more board.

If I will not make one more next week I will send u one in bigger body made for testing

7. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    22- internal memory fault

can be fixed changing EEPROMS

I can send u recorded chips for Lucas injectors
    but u have to solder them in,

I will send u shor video tutorial

8. Lance Brown

Lance Brown Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I have a 1998 volvo with the ved12b motor it will run on starting fluid but shuts down when the fluid runs out I have change the ecm , fuel lines , changed the cam sensor and crank sensor and the fuel pump fuel filters hand primer and it throws a code for low fuel pressure or shorted low i have tried everything to make this truck run and i am like the guy that started this post i dont know what else to do and i am running out of money and keep hitting dead ends

9. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    First thing is first are you getting good power to the ecm and good ground. Second thing make sure you check your fuel pressure in cranking make sure youre getting fuel psi when the engine is cranking if not then something is going on with you're fuel pump volvo is know for having fuel pump issues next moving down the line is there any fuel in your coolant tank or any coolant in your fuel filters. Go down the line check these and get back to me. the easiest way to check if your ecm is getting powered up is to connect a scan tool and see if it can comunicate with the engine if not then it's not getting power.

10. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    Hi

D12C and D12B really share ECMs, but mechanically D12A and D12B are the same. D12C got inmprooved cylinder head.

Ok, D12B/C and early D (no EGR) had similar ECMs. Compatible, but with some minor difference,like crankcase pressure sensor appeared on eaely d12d.

all these ecms got no power relay control.

Power relay is controlled by VECU.

ECM has two ground wires (as I remember 11-12 pins)and two power wires (pins 9-10).

This is all!

Cab tp engine harness has one thick ground wire (wight 2.5 mm2), power (red), 1939 and j1708 twisted pairs and starter wire. That is all

11. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    d12c.JPG

This is ECM D12B D12C power supply diagram

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.