1yr OTR experience, MI based

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by t_v, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t_v

t_v Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Detroit
    I made 2 stupid mistakes and got fired from the company with one of the worst reputations in the business.

My first mistake was a violation for parking on the side of the road in an emergency, and it turned into an accident. I didn't set my parking and trailer brakes. (I know.... it was stupid accident.) A rig drove by, and the wind caused my truck to start rolling, and it rolled in a small ditch, which required my rig to be towed.

My most recent stupid mistake happened at a customer. They had signs everywhere saying 'Tandems must be slid all the way to the rear while on XXXX property.' So when I made my drop, I figured I had to wait until I passed the guard shack to slide my tandems on the empty I just picked up. When I got to the guard shack I started looking for a place to slide the tandems, or a sign telling me where to do it. I was going about 4mph, turning into the very narrow lane to exit, and trying to make sure I didn't hit any of the inbound trucks. When I checked my mirror, my tandems were rubbing against the guardrail, which dented. It didn't do much damage, honestly, but it was my entirely my fault.

The reason I was so concerned about my tandem position is that I had 2 overweight violations last year when I was still brand new.

I understand how important safety is in this industry, and I've learned from my mistakes.

I'm willing to run as many miles as you can offer, and I couldn't care less about hometime. In fact, I've been on the road since January and only shut down for restarts, maintainence, and once to have a tooth pulled. If you have a Michigan terminal & you're looking for a solo driver with about a year & a half of experience & a couple stupid mistakes in his past, please contact me. (If you don't have a Michigan terminal, I'm willing to move if you can set me up with a temporary address. )

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pbtrans

pbtrans Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2016
  4. Nikola90

Nikola90 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2018
    I would like to send ur driver license to my insurance and see what they have to say. I am Chicago based. If u have a time please contact me at 3313339986. Thanks

5. Angies427rs

Angies427rs Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Yakima, WA
    give me a call when you can. 509-969-0084

6. Morningstar 01

Morningstar 01 Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2018
    give me a call 570-371-3223 Ann we all make mistakes

7. beardedsinner

beardedsinner Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Texarkana, TX
    I can work with all that

484-880-1797
    Cal or Text

8. Bigpimping123

Bigpimping123 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2018
    What’s your number

9. pbtrans

pbtrans Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2016
  10. Davidajhamlin1983

Davidajhamlin1983 Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    I did the app. I work days just wanting to see if I can get clear to drive for you. Please leave me a message with any info you may need.. thank you for your time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.