#2 injector

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Rudy5, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Rudy5

Rudy5 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Can anybody help me locate the #2 fuel injector on my 2000 Volvo with Cummins N-14?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deskdriver

deskdriver Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Michigan
    a N-14 has 3 heads. The front of the truck is # 1 cylender, the rear of the truck is #6 cylender. Remove the first valve cover( the one closest to the grill) and rocker box and if it has jakes remove as well. There will be 2 injectors in there and the one to the rear of the #1(front) head is #2.

4. Worthken

Worthken Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Delmas South Africa
    How will he know how to replace the jakes and set the injector, if you don't even know where it is. Leave it to the pro's.

5. deskdriver

Aug 6, 2013
    Michigan
    I wondered the same thing but i try not to create any conflict on the forum so I simply answered the question asked. :biggrin_2552:

Worthken Thanks this.
  6. Worthken

Jun 2, 2012
    Delmas South Africa
    That's not my intention, I'm only thinking, I would like to give advice maybe Rudy can tell us why he wants to know the location of the no2 injector.

7. deskdriver

Aug 6, 2013
    Michigan
    I am curious as well.

8. Rudy5

Rudy5 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Not replacing anything. Code says #2 injector low voltage. Thought to see for myself if there might be a sorry of some kind since we checked outside wires and harness. As for the pros comment: it's the "pros" who seem to bilk me out of lots of money and seldom do they correct the actual problem. Besides that, I've always been one that likes to see for myself first, before sending it in. It's sometimes something very simple and easy. But you won't know unless you look. The N-14 had been sputtering now and again. Code says low voltage #2. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanx guys

9. Rudy5

Rudy5 Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2013
    ...I meant to say short instead of sorry, ...opps

10. Worthken

Jun 2, 2012
    Delmas South Africa
    No sweat Rudy, have a look on the inside of the valve cover. Good luck on your quest.:biggrin_25524:

11. bowtieboy77

bowtieboy77 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Southern, Ontario
    If you are wanting to see if you have a week injector the nice things about n14 is you can manually cut out each injector from outside the rocker box think on left side. There is two small square plugs on each rocker box this is injector feed wires. unplug #2 and note the rpm drop or how it runs. Then plug back in and remove another compare the two.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.