2 middle fingers in 3 months

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Albert Wesker, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2011
    I was passing a truck in front of me in the right lane, and as I look at my right rearview mirror to see if I'm clear to pass, a blue mustang just squeezed in the space between me and the truck and he passes me, as he passes, he stick out his middle finger out the window at me and he looks at his left rearview mirror and smiles at me as he shows his middle finger and he holds that middle finger out the window for a while too, and that really enrages me, I mean I didn't do anything wrong, I was just passing another truck and waiting for the safe distance to get over back to the right lane, and that guy just pass with just enough space and then passes me and waving the middle finger at me. That really made my day depressing as a truck driver.

I mean it's only my 3rd months driving and this happened, this is the 2nd time it happened, the first time was an ABF driver, he tried to pass me but I wasn't paying attention and hit on the gas pedal erratically, and he couldn't pass me so he blow the air horn and I look at him and he shows his middle finger so I slow down to let him pass, I mean this first time I admit it was my fault but this second time with this mustang guy I feel disrespected as a truck driver.

Anyone else have similar incidents? Anybody middle fingered you on the road?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dracon

dracon Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2008
    new york
    Don't think of it as a sign of disrespect, think of it as him telling you're number one....
    Most days that works for me, other days I just blow it off as someone else having a bad day.
    Seriously, don't take it personal, we all get those little shows of affection from time to time. If you start taking them to heart it'll wear on ya quick

4. Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2011
    that's exactly how I feel, I took it too personally and it's in my mind most of the time since it happened, and whenever I see Mustang car again I would think of that event and made me so much hatred with Mustang, kind of fearing Mustangs too

5. catahoula

catahoula Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Townsend,GA.
    Your number 1, or if you were in Florida, Signal broke watch for finger, or he was out of blinker fluid.

6. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    You need to figure out a way to let it go. Laugh about it, or realize the incredible ignorance of the Bozo's you are often surrounded by on the highway. A micro-second of inconvenience to them is the end of the world, and they think that they are way more important than anyone else on the planet. In some parts of the country, if you DON'T get told you are #1, I actually start to wonder if I am doing something WRONG! Half a Peace sign is better than none. :biggrin_25525:

scottied67, Gizmo_Man, mtnMoma and 5 others Thank this.
  7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Only 2 in three months?

Dude....you're WWWAAAAYYYY behind the quota!!!:biggrin_25523:

(...but seriously...shake it off. Drivers are getting more aggressive and impatient year after year. I've noticed it just since the time I left trucking in 2004 up until now, and it's not going to get better.)

CondoCruiser Thanks this.
  8. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    You need to work on that harder, hell I've had 2 in one afternoon. LOL

The Mustang was being a douche since his time must be more important than yours, unless someone jumps in there real fast I quit letting them do that...esp once the blinker is on.

9. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Just two?

Well now hand you need to refine that and get some more logged.

I do not let it bother me, quite honestly it makes them look immature.

10. robngraves

robngraves Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2011
    indianola, MS
    Well ill tell you what I do. Every time someone passes me and shows me the bird in disrespect. I show my weight on their little car. Nothing like playing bumper cars going 65 mph. I leave with a small scratch on my bumper they leave with a load they have to haul for a bit too till the tow truck picks them up.

Ha ha okay so I joking. But a lot of times I would loveto do that and get away with It. JUst shrug it off and if one second then they got a problem you cant help them with.

11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    The last time I got a finger was after I passed a Camaro on I40 in NM. I was doing 73 and he was doing less than 70 but when I went to pass another truck, we hit a hill and since I was heavy, I slowed down and he caught up. I finally passed the slower truck and took the right lane. The Camaro came up and the driver gave me the finger and pointed to the right lane. He pulled away as I was still in the grip of gravity. However once I crested the hill, I got back up to 73 and guess who I caught up to again? Yep, the crapmaro, and I say crap because it was pretty beat up. Well he realizes its me who is passing him so he speeds up and won't let me pass. He keeps going faster but catches up to a long convoy of slow trucks and cars passing slower trucks and cars. I guess realizing he wasn't going to lose me on the interstate, he quickly exited and I never saw him again. I was pulling a Werner trailer at the time so if he decided to call and "report" me, it went nowhere. For the record I never tailgated or made any guestures towards him, merely caught up to him doing my cruising speed.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.