# 2 Worst Wholesale Express BOYCOTT

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Nobroker, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Auctiongirl

Auctiongirl Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Lol, just signed on and noticed my screen name was changed from auction***** to auction girl, lmao. Maybe thats a sign of the times too, god I hope not! At any rate, I also put up with the bs at these auctions too, hence the name auction"girl". Even with the walking, jumping, and looking for the "seqouia sunset bedazzled" lost car that turns out to be white, I still do alot better than 26.00 an hour. No way would I do this for that rate not to mention the lousy "benefits" these big carriers tout. I find it hard to believe a carrier with zero car hauling background or experience can just purchase equipment, place ads in the interweb and move in to the business, especially with an account the size of carmax. Would have thought carmax would have learned a lesson with the united road fiasco. Gonna be more of the same. The day I have to do this for 24.00-26.00 per hour, the "experienced" bottom feeders can have all the fun. Not knocking anyone thats been in this industry for a long time, alot of us are taking it in the shorts right now but when it gets to that point maybe i can make more working a strip club with my new name. Time will tell

Ruthless, StrokerTSi and VTech Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Just FYI, Hogan has been hauling cars for a few years already. They have figured out how to make a go of almost any specialty hauling, hire expierenced people to lead the crew. They will be here for a long time, so we need to figure out how to effectively compete against them.

4. Auctiongirl

Auctiongirl Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Well I personally cant speak to how long Hogan has been involved in car hauling and I dont want to take this off topic. I guess my point is changes may be on the horizon for not only this sector of the industry but for other specialty carriers too. I was using Hogan as an example of this. I personally have not seen Hogan hauling cars untill I was at the manheim in St.Louis in november and there was a Hogan truck loading a high mount. Several of us ol' timers were watching as this was going on and couldnt figure out who was the trainor and who was the trainee, both were moving at a snails pace. One of the drivers went over and asked when Hogan got into the car hauling game and was told Hogan had entered into a 3yr national contract with Carmax and would soon be hauling all of their freight. At any rate, Maybe Hogan plans on moving automobiles as they move toilet paper, team drivers, slip seat ect. Yet to be seen. Maybe thats the way for those of us who have been swinging on these trucks and trailers like monkies for all these years with wore out knees and shoulders to make a living going forward, drag drag our butts loading and unloading and let the hourly wage make up the difference. Dont want to go on too long about it and maybe someone wants to start a new topic. Be safe and have a good one.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  5. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    IATA.biz

6. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016

My guess is if Hogan has a contract with CarMax it is something regional and likely no other carrier wanted and Hogan is regretting it. Ever since CarMax cut rates the time wasted on the loads with them are seldom worth it. Rpm was paying for the truck not the specific CarMax load it worked great for me but it seems they aren't doing many CarMax loads lately or I am not seeing them.

7. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    This is how United road deals with CarMax they make carrier's wait or non-payment for loads that are pathetic.
    United Road
    8 vehicle
    $1096
    683mi @ $0.20/mi
    I would be ashamed to drive a United Road truck or haul a load for them.

yb226 Thanks this.
  8. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    At $1.60 per mile it doesn’t matter when you get paid your going out of business anyways.

interpreter and brian991219 Thank this.
  9. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    My experience with United Road is they will pay top dollar to move loads when they can't find a sucker.

Kozakvod Thanks this.
  10. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Swift tried that and we all see how well that worked!! More damages then you could count!! I don't run auction but most of the OEMs know better than to mess with door slammers trying to haul cars.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.