2 years and you'll have it made...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WesternPlains, Mar 21, 2020.

1. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    From what you've posted, I think you have a pretty sweet gig with the current employer. IIrc he's given you pretty much everything you want and I think your biggest complaint is that your truck is "old" but he has even offered to upgrade that as well.

You've got your mind set on going back to Crete even after they treated you wrong and made you leave, so good luck. I guess we have completely different mindsetsand goals in this industry. I want the flexibilty and opportunity that owning my own truck bring, even with all the extra effort that goes into it.. You seem to be happy with running a dedicated gig for a large company. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you find success in it.

WesternPlains and Linte_Loco Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Actually that guy is full of it. He lost it when I replaced that drain valve on the air tank. He really doesn't want to do anything he doesn't have to. When I'm driving an inspection magnet. I don't need the violations.

Now Crete. That same big shot I talked to. Problem was with the shops. He told me that I have his number now. Any problem. Call him up. And I should have had a new truck in the first place. We go to too many rural areas with no help. No place to even pull over. No shoulder ...nothing.

Muskie Thanks this.
  4. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    For you newbies....
    There are companies who take everything within comprehension. They know it's crazy out there. All kinds of stuff being pulled. Things getting written up that really aren't anything. Administrators trying to make more of something than it is. They know!
    One I had experience with was Barr Nunn. They had no problem hiring me. I passed for reasons.
    Crete does this. They know what's going on. They're conservative. Always trying to be constructive. Trying to make things work.
    One thing to definitely keep in mind. If it ain't working. Get out. Don't let it get to the point that they fire you. Neither of the above companies would hire, if you were fired from a driving job.
    Number of jobs you've had ain't nothing compared to being fired from a job... as far as they're concerned.

5. Tonyb1033

Tonyb1033 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Yuma, Az
    You still at Crete? I'm looking at the chocolate dedicated from Hazleton, PA to Atlanta or Cleveland, TN. They say I will avg 1600 a week on 2200 to 2400 miles. Any thoughts?

6. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Nope… nobody said a word to that office. First time talking to the head dispatch there. Almost walked back out. Did put one foot out the door. Second one out within a week. They still don’t know why I left. It’s because they don’t listen.
    Otherwise I like Crete. Will always like Crete. You may very well like it there.

7. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    BTW…am now at a small company. Been here 10 months. Happy here.
    Still get all kinds of offers. I’m happy where I’m at.

8. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I’m still very much with this small company out of Denver. They just gave me a raise. This is personal. Not a company wide thing. They love the job I’m doing for them. I really like it here. In two months. I’ll have 4 years driving class A.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.