2002 dt466 code 521 help

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by marvelouzone, Feb 13, 2017.

1. marvelouzone

marvelouzone Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    2002 international 4300 throws code 521 according to servicemaxx, injector harness is new, suspecting ecm, but not sure if this could be a possible solution. all new clean power connections, swapped ecm relay, i get the 521 code even with injector harness disconnected during an injector test. removed wire looming from injector wires to ecm and see no signs of frayed or bad wires.. wanted to remove wire harness from ecm to do a pin/ohm test, but even after trying to back connectors off with 1/4" ratchet still couldnt pull harness loose from ecm, which is crazy because I've had them off before..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    521 is bank 2 (injector 4, 5 and 6), is drawing excessive current. Disconnect the injector harness and turn the key on and see if the active codes chances to open circuit faults. You might have to do a key on engine off standard test first to trigger the codes. If not, I would say you have a shorted injector and the ecm cannot detect which one it is.

4. marvelouzone

marvelouzone Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    It does it even when the injector harness is disconnected at the valve cover. If I disconnect the harness and do an injector(buzz) test code 521 will come back even after clearing all codes, did it 3 times to verify. So the issue cant be an injector. and I get a different description for 521.

521*
    INJ
    Bank 2 High Side Short to Ground or VBAT

wouldnt that mean the high side(not the common) is shorted somewhere to ground or positive? checked harness and seen no visible shorts. I would assume if it was shorted it would have to be the external harness from ecm to connector of valve cover injector harness

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ok, to verify and ecm, disconnect the top ecm connector and try it again. If you still get the 521 with nothing connected to the ecm, it is fried.

Spartan0229 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.