2003 Mack E7 power issues

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by niceguypmp3, Aug 12, 2018.

1. niceguypmp3

niceguypmp3 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Weldon, IA
    On the 2003 Mack with a 350hp E7 and allison auto tranny that we just purchased a few days ago, i noticed driving it home that when pulling hills, then sometimes when you put the pedal down to pull the hill then the turbo spools up but then sometimes after 5 seconds or so then it will spool up even more and it has quite a bit more pulling power even though the tach doesn't move. It does it with the cruise on and also with it off so i don't see how it could be the pedal sensor. Could this be what they call a dual HP engine? Why would it be doing this? It didn't do it on every hill, sometimes it had the extra power immediately but other times it was delayed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ok big boy

Ok big boy Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2014
  4. niceguypmp3

niceguypmp3 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Weldon, IA
    I have looked on there but haven't posted about this issue. I will do that, thanks.

5. Ok big boy

Ok big boy Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2014
    I owned a 2003 CX 613 with a E7 425 and a 10 speed. The engine was bullet proof , but pulling it would hesitate then I would feel some extra kick. I replaced the throttle position sensor. That helped quite a bit. I don't know if there is a way to test that. I do not know any thing about your automatic. I would be interested to see some replies. Good Luck!

6. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Is it a 330/355 or a 355/380 maybe. Go to Rochester diesel and get a blixxton. Then if your still not happy they have injectors and a bigger turbo.

Check for boost leaks 1st and take the charge air piping off and check the impeller shafts for damage and play

Tuning & Modules | Diesel Injectors | Turbos | Nozzle Honing

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.