2003 Volvo With N14 Celect Plus Having Problems

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Kesha, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Kesha

Kesha Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Yes its single but its a part of engine harness so it is new. Thank you.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. askbob

askbob Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Bluegrass
    When my N14 ecm started to die, there was no rhyme or reason to any of the codes and/or symptoms. Sometimes ran fine, other times would only run in limp mode.

Kesha Thanks this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Where are u located btw? I have a guy here, he is like a truck repair god, but you might be waiting a week to get your truck fixed. He is super super busy and even if you make an appt, you'll still have to wait after getting to the shop.

Kesha Thanks this.
  5. Kesha

Kesha Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    I park my truck in 60440. Thank you.

6. Kesha

Kesha Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Did you get one from N14Parts.com / HDP ?? Mine when runs it runs just fine. Only on idle I would say it has changed by being more loopy Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  7. LoJackDatHo

LoJackDatHo Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2017
    Call Midwest ECM Repair. That guy is in CO. He seems pretty sharp. I told him the problem I was having and he thought it was my injector drive going out in the ECM. Took it off, sent it to him, sure enough it was. Had him rebuild and ship it back. Been good ever since. Just saying worth the call

HopeOverMope and Kesha Thank this.
  8. Kesha

Kesha Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Thank you for your reply. I did send the ECM to Midwest ECM Repair when whole thing started. But Dave said it tested perfectly good. Looks like real life testing is more harsh.......I called Dave and explained that the problem still persists he said that might be DataLink fault. BTW he did not charge anything for testing and shipping the ECM back to me. That is what confuses me to burn cash on replacement ECM. Cannot find fully working one for temporary replacement.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  9. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I can find one for you i have one in my shop i usually use for testing. probably to me seems like ecm i highly doubt datalink would make these kind of faults. if you anywhere near chicagoland let me know and we can set something up that you can take my ecm and test your truck for a week and then if it works just order a remaned one from either CO or TX .

Kesha Thanks this.
  10. Kesha

Kesha Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2017
    Thank you for your reply! Yes I'm in a SW suburb of Chicago. What is the best way to contact you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.