2007 Kenworth T600 - swapping out front 4x6 speakers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by full_speed_ahead, Aug 27, 2010.

1. full_speed_ahead

full_speed_ahead Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Canton, OH
    Hi,

I want to change out the stock Paccar/Panasonic 4x6 front speakers located behind the front over head panel.

Does anybody know how to remove the panel? I'm think the panel is pop-off pop-on but not sure either if it's glued. The front screens that cover the speakers are stapled on from the inside, that I figured out the hard way. So I will have to re-staple the driver-side screen back on once I get the right info I need in order to detach the whole panel. I looks like both sides (driver and passenger) are two separate panels separated by the CB compartment.

Anyone know?

Thank you!
    -Bulldog

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. meyon

meyon Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2011
    anderson,SC
    i have the same problem, forget looking online...no help to be found. Bull Dog , did you ever find out how to swap speakers without breaking stuff?

4. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'd like to know too, I've already got a sweet receiver and would love to upgrade the speakers in my T800, should be the same setup.

5. JustAnotherJarhead

JustAnotherJarhead Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2012
    North West Indiana
    Rip out screens, glue back in? Ive always wondered how you get to them things.

6. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    can you post a pic or 2 my 600 has the factory speakers in the ceiling and are screwed in

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.