2007 Mack E7 engine

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Absey, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Absey

Absey Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Ontario
    Anyone have any input, I'm looking at a used Mack, 2007 with an E7 engine, approx 500000 miles on it. Any Input would be appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

I have a bit of experience w/Macks...for the most part all good. BUT....you have to understand, if you buy a "Mack/Mack" ie; engine.trans & drivers all Mack...you have just gotten in bed with a Mack dealer, period. Maye not bad if you have dealers around. They can be as good or underhanded as a Peterbilt / Freightliner dealer. Being from the parts business too...IMHO, Mack doesn't have the same level of parts support as others.

E-7 engines? as with others, get as good a background / service record info as possible. If you find someone who has the VMAC computer softwear, small tweaks to the ramp-up injector settings can make for a more responsive engine, w/o hurting economy. Tuff trucks no doubt. Keep yer eyes wide open...do a little research on the above mentioned.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    me myself and I Thanks this.
  4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

E7 were known for CAM failures , MACK is revamping there parts / service , bringing out a new aftermarket parts line to try and build on a better reputation

5. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Don't make E7 in 07 bud...its an AC or an MP. FB is right about the E7, had one...a good dog too. Oil pump is weak and a couple of other issues but ok in my book but I don't think your buying one of those unless someone did some swapping.

Get another a look at the dog and check the valve cover for the data plate. Last 6 vin at Mack tells all too. Engine color too. AC is grey and MP is red.

Lemme know what your looking at.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.