2009 DT 4366 Hard Starting.

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by vcinri, Oct 20, 2017.

1. vcinri

vcinri Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Hello, I Have a 2009, DT 466 that is hard starting after it sits. This happens 90% of the time. The truck will have to spin over for several long tries before it starts and sometimes for the first minute it runs real rough then clears and runs great. Sometimes it is hard to start even if it's been shut off for only a few minutes. We checked for fuel leaks, replaced the fuel filter assembly, replaced the electronic control at the fuel pedal which seemed to help for a week or two. It has been to an International Dealer and several other shops. I have put thousands into this and still have the same problem. Can anyone help?? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Volvo'so sometimes do that also. If it's the same problem it's caused by the injector cups being worn. Up until he had the money to replace. My buddy would just use the hand pump to make sure system was primed before starting.

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If it cranks and cranks and won't fire with a check engine light, you have injection control pressure problems, if no check engine light then you have fuel delivery problem. It is common for those to have failed fuel pumps, failed filter inlet check valves and/or fuel pressure regulators.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.