2010 ISX fault codes....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by barnshark, Jan 11, 2014.

1. barnshark

barnshark Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2014
    So I looked through my codes and 3 of them scare me. They say previously active and all have one occurrence except for one of them that has 3. SPN 2633 FMI 7 has (3) occurrences and both SPN 101 FMI 2 and SPN 1209 FMI 16 have (1) fault. I never cleared them and honestly don't know how to find out how old they are. What does this mean and how can I correct it??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    First one SPN 2633 FMI 7

SPN 101 FMI 2
    SPN 1209 FMI 16
    What it means? :dontknow:
    Possible harness issue?

Maybe Pablo or another mechanic will chime in.

4. barnshark

barnshark Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Hope so...or heavyd. This is kinda scary and i dont want to be obe of the isx owners that throw money blindly at the repair shop.

5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Well the actuator out of adjustment it is possible actuator is acting up the exhaust psi code most like is a result of the actuator not working proprly the crankcase could be from that but that would be really streching it i would say the filter for the breAther is old or replace sensor its inexpensive and quick to do they also have issues in internationals

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You kinda need more information to go on than that. The ECM will log when the first and last time those faults happened. They could have been logged a long time ago. Chances are you truck is due for some maintenance. The exhaust gas pressure sensors only last so long before they die out. They are subjected to a lot of heat. They basically burn out after a few years. The connector for them is also prone to water intrusion and corrosion sets in. Crankcase pressure data erratic is usually dirty or faulty sensor. The turbo actuator not responding is something to worry about, if it goes active. The diffuser ring inside can crack and cause binding which will cause this code. It could be just the actuator too, but worry about it when it fails, there is nothing you can do with the turbo. You can keep your EGR system in top shape by making sure the intake manifold pressure sensor and the EGR differential pressure sensing tubes and the venturi pipe are clean. There are many threads about this. Check out here;
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...cm871-technical-discussion.html?highlight=871
    You should also make sure your ECM calibration is up to date. Cummins puts out software updates all the time to improve the reliability and performance of the engine.

QUALITYTRUCK and barnshark Thank this.
  7. barnshark

barnshark Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Ok. Thanks heavy. Ill tale it to international asap. I was just hoping they dont try n throw a turbo in it just because they can. Also, when I turn the truck off it sounds like air dryer spits or something, but its closer to me than the air dryer if that makes sense??? It did this the other day when I uad a REAL heavy load but hasnt done it since. Id rather pay to get it serviced than pay to replace it.

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Not all shops are honest, and they will change your turbo if they think they can get away with it. You just have to put your foot down and say no, thats all. Not sure what to tell you about the air spit sound. Sometimes the air dryer is on the verge of purging, or the governor is about to exhaust to cut-in when the engine turns off and when the engine shakes the whole truck for that split second as it stops is enough to trigger the purge. Also, if you have been in this extreme cold this week, trucks make all kinds of weird noises you normally do not hear.

9. barnshark

barnshark Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I was in indiana sunday thru tuesday in all the weather extreme colds. Thats when this all started. I am at my truck now lokking over all connections all al seem to be snug. The three codes mentioned above only show when the key is in start position or truck is running the codes show. They are "previously active" fault codes. It cranks and runs like normal. And after I turn the truck off for about 2-5 minutes they leave the list all together until I start the truck again...but they are always previously active. Never on the active side.!????!???

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Once the ECM detects a fault it will log it and as long the fault is still a problem it will be "active". Once the ECM detects the problem is now gone, the fault status changes to "previously active", or "inactive". These codes will stay logged this way forever until someone clears them with a service tool, (laptop computer). Codes can get logged by simple glitches such as the engine being power washed and a little water gets inside a connector or two, or low battery voltage during cranking, anything. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Every truck logs codes every now and then.

11. barnshark

barnshark Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Thanks again heavyd...I guess I still should get into the parts cleaning/maintenance schedule people have outlined on various threads to prevent the problems from arising. And get the codes cleared so I can start clean slate with the truck ??(just got it a couple weeks ago)

Heavyd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.