2010 maxxforce misfire

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Jhncp, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Jhncp

Jhncp Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2020
    It seems to have a misfire, hits somewhat under load. I want to crack injector lines. I can't find any useful YouTube videos. It appears the injectors lines go to side of head. It looks like I almost need a special wrench just to loosen them. Also how do I remove injectors?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    No offence but cracking injection lines on a modern diesel engine is an EXTREMELY stupid move and not at all a recommended practice. Fuel system pressures are very high (can be upwards of 14,000 PSI). That fuel spray will tear you up like nothing and getting injected fuel out of you is NOT a pleasant experience. They cut you open like Frankenstein's Monster and vacuum it all out.

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Plus it is not recommended to re-use high pressure fuel lines once they've been loosened. The ends of the lines typically deform upon installation to match the fitting 100% perfectly.

5. Colt6920

Colt6920 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2017
    THIS. Injection injuries are no joke. If you don't go to the hospital or if you go and they brush it off and don't treat you you are likely to end up dead or an amputee.
    Also this. Great way to solve the problem forever by burning the truck down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.